X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts
  • Interests:TO IM ME, STATE YOUR REASON, DON'T JUST SAY "HEY R U THERE?"
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 April 2005 - 02:57 AM

If I lock a large hard drive to the eeprom.bin of a stock xbox, and format and install the MS dash, it will boot as normal in the stock xbox, right? Then it can be softmodded to access the rest of the space?

Sorry for the lame question, I've just never softmodded, but I'm sending out a large hard drive to someone who will, so I need to know if all that needs to be done is to lock it to their eeprom and format and install the MS dash. Thanks.

#2 avatar1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 18 April 2005 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE(SICKdimension @ Apr 18 2005, 02:03 AM)
If I lock a large hard drive to the eeprom.bin of a stock xbox, and format and install the MS dash, it will boot as normal in the stock xbox, right? Then it can be softmodded to access the rest of the space?

Sorry for the lame question, I've just never softmodded, but I'm sending out a large hard drive to someone who will, so I need to know if all that needs to be done is to lock it to their eeprom and format and install the MS dash. Thanks.

View Post

yes.

when you prepare your harddrive with xboxhdm it automatically partitions the drive to use the remaining space(all above 8 GB) as drive "F". optionally you can split the space between drives F and G, to avoid file corruption which is said to occur with partitons greater than 137(?) MB.

you still need to enable the new drive(s) in your dashboard to have your dash "see" it. then you can format it with unleashy or evox to make it usable. ms dash only uses drive E which is 5.3 GB.

Edited by avatar1, 18 April 2005 - 08:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users