#1 Difussion3

Difussion3

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:21 AM

So i couldnt get my xenium spice mod chip to work on my xbox v1.6. So i asked my friend to switch me xboxes so i could install it on his v1.0. I did this because i know it was much easier installing it on a v1.0. I got the mod chip working on the 1.0 but when i tried putting his v1.0 original hard drive on to my v1.6 xbox it got a error message 6 which means "cannot unlock hard drive." How do i go by getting the v1.0 HD to work on the v1.6 xbox??? my friend wants his data/saved games in the xbox. Can somebody please help me!?

#2 vjreddy12

vjreddy12

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:35 AM

The 1.6 HD is locked to its 1.6 mainboard.

If you dont have the 1.6 XBox modified the HD will have to stay with its 1.6 mainboard.

The only way i can think off is to transfer the save games via memory card / USB memory stick from the 1.0 to the 1.6.

beerchug.gif

Edited by vjreddy12, 19 April 2005 - 05:35 AM.

#3 Difussion3

Difussion3

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:58 AM

ok.... thats what i thought, that the hd was somehow married to the board. Does anybody else know of any other way to transfer the files from the v1.0 hard drive to the v1.6 hard drive?

#4 Strud1512

Strud1512

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:10 AM

QUOTE(Difussion3 @ Apr 19 2005, 05:04 AM)
ok.... thats what i thought, that the hd was somehow married to the board. Does anybody else know of any other way to transfer the files from the v1.0 hard drive to the v1.6 hard drive?

View Post

Unless the xbox is modded, you are limited to transferring the saves via memory card.

#5 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:16 AM

swap HDD and EEPROM's then all DL content and gamesaves will work

#6 TSLRcks9

TSLRcks9

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE(xman954 @ Apr 18 2005, 09:22 PM)
swap HDD and EEPROM's then all DL content and gamesaves will work

View Post

hey im a friend of difussion3 and i just got banned from Xbox live cuz they found out i got a modded xbox and what i wasdoing before was, switching hard drives, when i wanted to go on xbox live iconnected my old hard drive to it and signed on that way but i tried to get on right now and it wouldnt let me, so how do i go about getting Difussion3s EEPROM onto my xbox so that i can do an account recovery..

#7 Difussion3

Difussion3

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:18 AM

well the v.1.0 has the chip installed... but not fully modded... should i finish modding it and go from there, or what do you recommend for this problem???

#8 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:20 AM

Do a softmod on the 1.6 box with its original drive and then just ftp the files from his original box.

#9 Difussion3

Difussion3

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:22 AM

How exactly do you switch eeproms, where is it located, and whate exactly is an eeprom??

#10 Lamer123

Lamer123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • Interests:Games

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:34 AM

Switching eeproms .... you need to back up the eeprom with a program like evox . Then you take that file and load it up on your computer . Then you need to unlock both of those drives then relock them with the other's eeproms then the HD will work in the other xbox and vice versa .

So..

1.Both Xbox's need to be modded in some manner (softmod reccomended as it is easily reversable and costs nothing )
2.Back up eeprom using an app (evox reccomended)
3. Use a locking unlocking tool to relock the drives with eeprom of your choice . ( I use xboxhdm

A eeprom is a form of protection for hard drives . It makes it so a hard drive can be used on only a piece of hardware with the proper password on it ( kinda)

Wikipedia-
An EEPROM (E²PROM), or Electrically-Erasable Programmable Read-Only Memory, is a non-volatile storage chip used in computers and other devices. Unlike an EPROM, an EEPROM can be programmed and erased multiple times electrically. Each bit is set by quantum tunneling electrons across a thin dielectric barrier. Because of this. it may be erased and reprogrammed only a certain number of times. Write/erase cycle lifetimes range from 100,000 to 10,000,000, but an EEPROM can be read from an unlimited number of times. Flash memory is a later form of EEPROM. In the industry, there is a convention to reserve the term EEPROM to byte-wise writable memories compared to block-wise writable flash memories. EEPROM takes more die area than flash memory for the same capacity because each cell usually needs both a read and a write transistor where flash memory needs only one.

So if you are just trying to get saves from one box to the other switching hard drives is probally the worst idea . You need to Softmod both boxes and ftp his saves over .

If you don't unserstand this spend some time in the TUTS section .

#11 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:35 AM

The EEPROM is a small chip that sits above the TSOP, it can be desoldered and swapped if you are carefull. I dont know whether it would work between a version 1 and 1.6. The EEPROM contains the unlock code for the HDD as well as region info etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users