Casper1786

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:53 PM

I'm curious how 2 make all my DVD Backups, from games 2 Movies Function on both these Drives, and preferably burning 2 a DVD-R because i have like 7 DVD players in my house, and overall DVD-R is a better supported format between them, except the new Phillips and the 605F(witch Blows)

Basicly I've decided out of the 3 drives, that I will be using the 605B, and I'd prefer the Phillips over the 605F, unless there is a way 2 convert the 605F into the 605B, but I would figure that would be big news and i would have read about it by now so...

I couldn't find a stickie anywhere about what formats work with each drive, so thats why I'm posting

So far all i've done is Created a DVD-RW with The Two Towers on it, it worked flawlessly in the 605B, but it just doesn't read in the Phillips, thing is that i read the New Phillips is better then the 605B, but How? I just don't see it

So anyway is there a way I can change the Booktype Settings of everything I burn to DVD-ROm I've read about doing this in the past, and that it makes burned DVDs more compatible with more Drives

#2 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:41 PM

Bitsetting to DVD-ROM can only be done with +R media. Any high quality (Ritek or TY) will work on all drives.

#3 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 April 2005 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(Casper1786 @ Apr 19 2005, 03:59 PM)
I'm curious how 2 make all my DVD Backups, from games 2 Movies Function on both these Drives, and preferably burning 2 a DVD-R because i have like 7 DVD players in my house, and overall DVD-R is a better supported format between them, except the new Phillips and the 605F(witch Blows)

Basicly I've decided out of the 3 drives, that I will be using the 605B, and I'd prefer the Phillips over the 605F, unless there is a way 2 convert the 605F into the 605B, but I would figure that would be big news and i would have read about it by now so...

I couldn't find a stickie anywhere about what formats work with each drive, so thats why I'm posting

So far all i've done is Created a DVD-RW with The Two Towers on it, it worked flawlessly in the 605B, but it just doesn't read in the Phillips, thing is that i read the New Phillips is better then the 605B, but How? I just don't see it
So anyway is there a way I can change the Booktype Settings of everything I burn to DVD-ROm I've read about doing this in the past, and that it makes burned DVDs more compatible with more Drives

View Post

DVD-RW is a whole different ball game. It's compatibility is hit and miss. Anyways, keep in mind that no two drives read the exact same things. I would say that your biggest problem is media. Which media are you using?

#4 Casper1786

Casper1786

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:45 PM

SONY AccuCORE DVD-R, I also have some FujiFilm DVD-R, don't worry, i know to stay away from Memorex

oh ya and I have determined that What programs i use makes a BIG diff, like I burned 1 Movie with Virtual Drive Suit, and another with CloneDVD2, both works in the 605B and the CloneDVD2 1 doesn't work in the Phillips Drive? the Screen turns Black and stays Black, so what the fuck? both burned at 2x speed, and on the same Burner, and DVD Media type & brand

Ok, well then if I go and buy some DVD+R and always change the bitsettings, they should function in any drive, like I have a DVD player that ONLY supports DVD-R for Burned media eh, just curious as 2 weather It would still function in that DVD player

Edited by Casper1786, 19 April 2005 - 10:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users