8 replies to this topic

#1 jk4600

jk4600

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 10:20 PM

I bought a 200GB HDD from newegg, and i have an Xecuter3 chip. I want to run dual hdds so i don't get banned from live, so i was planning to buy this kit that comes with the IDE cable and all the stuff i need to run dual hdds(right?). So if i want evox and all my music, backed up games, and movies to be on my second bigger hdd, i need to fist install the chip, but then to format it, can i do that if im running dual through the modchip, or how can i format it?
How can i make it so that when i choose my stock hdd it doesn't load the hacked bios, or even bring up the chip menu(if xecuter has one like the Xenium OS)?
Is there a better deal for a kit like that than llamma?(i don't want to build my own IDE cable)
If i bought that kit, the molex switch goes through the power splitter/cord right? So would i have to cut it, and solder in the switch, or am i wrong about where the switch goes...
Also, whats a good guide for setting up dual hdds? I could find a good one...

THANKS

#2 jk4600

jk4600

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 02:41 AM

bump

#3 nj12nets

nj12nets

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 April 2005 - 02:43 AM

y do that, just turn the chip off and use a new eeprom with ur new hdd and u wont get banned. play ur box with the chip off n u should be fine

#4 nj12nets

nj12nets

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 April 2005 - 02:43 AM

y do that, just turn the chip off and use a new eeprom with ur new hdd and u wont get banned. play ur box with the chip off n u should be fine

#5 jk4600

jk4600

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 03:17 AM

No, i have a live account active NOW so i want to run dual, not change the eeprom. I will number my questions for simplicity:

1) How can i format it? do i need to hook it up to a computer, or can i do it through my chip?
2) Is there a better deal for a kit like that than llamma?(i don't want to build my own IDE cable)
3) If i bought that kit, the molex switch goes through the power splitter/cord right? So would i have to cut it, and solder in the switch, or am i wrong about where the switch goes...
4) With the Xenium ICE I had, it would always go to the Xenium OS menu. If i load evox onto the second hdd, won't it try and make me backup the TSOP bios, and install a dash on the stock HDD?
5)Does the X3 have a way to boot without the chip, other than flipping the switch on the physical switch?
6) Another question...If i wanted to have a clear xbox with a control panel, what case should i buy to match the Xecuter3 Clear Control Panel?

THANKS, added some questions.

#6 jk4600

jk4600

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:27 PM

bump

#7 BlackVenym

BlackVenym

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:34 PM

i dont quite understand what u r asking.

are you trying to do a 411 mod to run two HDD off of the same xbox but only one powered at a time?

#8 jk4600

jk4600

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:42 PM

Whats a 411 mod? I was just planning to run two hdds at different times, so i want to go on live, i swich to my stock hdd, and play, want to use my chip, switch back.

#9 jonnywes

jonnywes

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 05:17 AM

1) You can format your harddrive with the AID disk if you are modded. it is all automatic and very easy. I dont know a link for the auto installer deluxe disk but it is free. you can write it to dvd or cdrw
2) i bought my dbdt witch for 2.99, and the molex Y splitter was 3.99. A 36" IDE cable was 3$ and the connectors was another 2$. so it was 15. But, i ruined my IDE cable and the connectors and ended up ordering just the cable off lamma. so I would say mind as well buy the package unless you are good at making ide cable.
3) yes.... the switch goes in the middle of the Y cable. you dont cut your stock molex wire, you cut the Y and then plug it into the xbox one. there are tutorials on how to assemble the wire. It is easy. I had never soldered before and did mine..
4) i dont know anything about xenium ice
5)On x3 when you tap the power button for less then 1 second it boots up with x3 bios. when you hold and press power for 1 second or more it boots up off retail xbox bios. it has an external light that is color coded.
6) probably an official clear one if you can. i hear the aftermarket ones are ok too but more fragile. I would suggest getting your dual Hdd setup to work before dumping 50 bucks into a case, once the setup works then do the physical case mod.

hope this helps because it seems like you are about a week behind me. laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users