3 replies to this topic

#1 jelque

jelque

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 07:48 PM

Hey everyone,

I would like to put some of my games on the hard drive to play. I have 2 problems, and I hope someone can help.

I don't have a windows box, so I can't use any of the tools for extracting an ISO. Are there any tools for linux that can do this? I couldn't find any.

Also... my xbox dvd is borked so I can't use xboxcopy to extract it to the hard drive. I had to piggy back my pc dvd to get everything installed and I don't have acces to a dvd-writer either.

Is there anything I can do, or am I screwed w/o any vaseline?

#2 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 March 2003 - 08:30 PM

Have you checked the ISO Tools section on Xbox-Scene? There are a number of these such tools there.

#3 jelque

jelque

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Xeero @ Mar 20 2003, 09:30 PM)
Have you checked the ISO Tools section on Xbox-Scene?  There are a number of these such tools there.

Xeero,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I guess I didn't search far enough down to find the right tools. I have downloaded a couple of tools to extract the files from an ISO, but I didn't see any that allows me to create an ISO from my game on the PC dvd drive. I did try to use wine on a few of the widows apps, but none would function properly. Is there such a beast?

jelque

#4 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 March 2003 - 09:37 PM

It looks like both osXiso and xbiso can make ISOs on Linux. Plus you can also download SimpleX and see if you can port the source code to *nix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users