• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Martog

Martog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 10:17 PM

I just got my X2Pro + Pogo Pin adapter (I can't solder, and I don't know anyone that does) and the only problem I am having is that my pogo pin for D0 is hover just a little above the D0 point. I know this because I can press down the front of the pogopin adapter and I get FRAG. The X2Pro works fine, I pressed down the pogopin adapter and it booted off of the chip.

What is there I can do to remedy this problem? I've tried shifting my mother board with no luck. I am wiling to attempt a solder on the pogopin itself if that needs to be, I just can't do a small point like D0.

#2 ago4

ago4

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 10:35 PM

yeah, that D0 sucks, have you considered the D0 on the bottom of the motherboard, its much bigger. there is a picture of it here
http://www.xbox-scen...n_diagrams.html

its the last picture at the very bottom.

#3 Martog

Martog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 March 2003 - 10:51 PM

Well I was hoping of not having to solder onto the board myself it possible. tongue.gif It doesn't look to bad though, but not sure.

#4 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 March 2003 - 10:52 PM

"D0" is considered the most difficult of the connections, but everyones experience is different. Good Luck! Let us know how it turns out. rolleyes.gif

#5 easye082

easye082

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 March 2003 - 12:43 AM

i don't see how so many people have problems w/ pogo's...guess i got damn lucky with mine...took about 20 min. to align the bitches but once i got them in, i tightened them as far as they would go without forcing down...

and they've stayed put for over a month now, even after several times of opening xbox, changing things around, turning the box upside down, etc.

just takes patience, and lots of light, and magnifying glass to get them installed right.

#6 Martog

Martog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 01:59 AM

I can align is easilly, but the D0 pin won't make contact unfortunately because it is just a little above the D0, and I have it as tight as it will go. I just need an idea what to do about it.

#7 Martog

Martog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 03:59 AM

It is working now... blink.gif Got me, I scraped the D0 a little and sandpapered the pogo pin. Worked on first attempt.

#8 easye082

easye082

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 March 2003 - 05:55 AM

good job! biggrin.gif

#9 Pescueso

Pescueso

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (Martog @ Mar 21 2003, 04:59 AM)
It is working now... blink.gif Got me, I scraped the D0 a little and sandpapered the pogo pin. Worked on first attempt.

Yep scrapping the top D0 works 100% of the time.

Look here i posted this tutorial I found on another thread explaining the same thing.

http://www.modchip-m...om/D0point.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users