• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sumdweeb

sumdweeb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:41 PM

Okay, I softmodded it using the installer deluxe. Formatted his new HDD with my chipped xbox. His xbox is a v1.6, ive replaced HDDs this way before with older xboxes. So i made his EEPROM the same as mine so it wouldnt conflict with the HDD that was formatted on my Xbox. Put all the old HDD stuff from his old HDD onto his new one put his new HDD in and tried to boot up. Now im getting a flashing green LED, no video no audio and it takes about 4 seconds for the HDD to be accessed. It wont even work with his old HDD now. can anyone please help?

#2 accukevin

accukevin

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:33 PM

So i made his EEPROM the same as mine so it wouldnt conflict with the HDD that was formatted on my Xbox.

I think this is your problem. Does he have a 1.6? If not you may have screwed his EEPROM. Even if you did, why didn't you just pop the drive in unlocked? You could of just formated in XFAT with your box, unlocked it, and stuck it into his right?

#3 sumdweeb

sumdweeb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:44 PM

I figured it out that i messed it by putting a 1.0 eeprom into the 1.6. We dont know how to fix it, no matter what we do we cant get his to boot anything. Its in a coma

#4 cpt_pancakes

cpt_pancakes

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:06 PM

i think this is for you:
http://www.markuszeh...=showpage&pid=1

have fun and good luck!

#5 .:Dino:.

.:Dino:.

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:18 PM

haha nice call cpt_pancakes!! have a look in the b/s/t thread and hope your friend doesnt use live, good luck man i feel for u

#6 sumdweeb

sumdweeb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:17 PM

would installing a modchip fix this issue? it seems as thought its a problem with the bios... can anyone actually explain to me what the hell i did?

#7 cpt_pancakes

cpt_pancakes

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 03:21 AM

you can't flash the EEPROM with an image from a diffrent version xbox. that's why you are having problems, you need to go back to the origional EEPROM. if the HDD is unlocked then you shouldent have a problem using it on another xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users