Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:26 AM
Here is what I did in the last couple days. I got a new eeprom and loaded it using configmagic "most recent" so I could do it on a 1.6 box. At the end of the directions for loading it it said to lock the HD so I did. I backed out of configmagic and everything appeared to be fine until I rebooted and with the X3 chip on I got a error 6 could not unlock HD. I put in the original HD and no go. I was in a panic that the xbox eeprom was hosed. As a last resort idea I pulled a plain hd out of a computer and plugged it into the XBOX and booted with the X3 on, no error this time saying the drive was locked. I put in Slayers 1.6 install DVD, restarted the XBOX with the DVD in and up come Slayers install. I told it to setup a new HD, it did it. WHen I was done I DID NOT LOCK THE DRIVE just incase and rebooted. It worked no problem XBOX is now running. So now I FTP'd into the XBOX, put my old original eeprom.bin into configmagic/data directory and ran configmagic on the xbox followed the directions to change your eeprom and loaded my original eeprom from the data directiory and write it back to the xbox. I DID NOT RELOCK THE HD just incase and rebooted. Sure enough it came back up with my old info and I was able to plug in the two old drives that were locked and the old eeprom now unlocked them. I hope this helps.