• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 psyko_chewbacca

psyko_chewbacca

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Playing Xbox games, mostly Shooters!
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:13 AM

Hi, please read This thread to understand my problem and I was asking myself if it is possible to write back my original eeprom using the xecuter3 to flash it via FTP even if my xbox doesn't with my x2.6 lite? I have my eeprom on my computer and someone is offering me a x3 near where I live so I could go pick it up and install it as the soldering is the same for the x2.6 and the x3. Thanks for replying!!

#2 rwarrin

rwarrin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:26 AM

Here is what I did in the last couple days. I got a new eeprom and loaded it using configmagic "most recent" so I could do it on a 1.6 box. At the end of the directions for loading it it said to lock the HD so I did. I backed out of configmagic and everything appeared to be fine until I rebooted and with the X3 chip on I got a error 6 could not unlock HD. I put in the original HD and no go. I was in a panic that the xbox eeprom was hosed. As a last resort idea I pulled a plain hd out of a computer and plugged it into the XBOX and booted with the X3 on, no error this time saying the drive was locked. I put in Slayers 1.6 install DVD, restarted the XBOX with the DVD in and up come Slayers install. I told it to setup a new HD, it did it. WHen I was done I DID NOT LOCK THE DRIVE just incase and rebooted. It worked no problem XBOX is now running. So now I FTP'd into the XBOX, put my old original eeprom.bin into configmagic/data directory and ran configmagic on the xbox followed the directions to change your eeprom and loaded my original eeprom from the data directiory and write it back to the xbox. I DID NOT RELOCK THE HD just incase and rebooted. Sure enough it came back up with my old info and I was able to plug in the two old drives that were locked and the old eeprom now unlocked them. I hope this helps.

#3 psyko_chewbacca

psyko_chewbacca

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Playing Xbox games, mostly Shooters!
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:31 AM

What I mean is if I put a X3 chip in my xbox even if the eeprom is not good, will x3configlive boot(with this I could ftp to my chip and put the eeprom.bin in it and restore the xbox eeprom with the working one from the x3 chip) or will it just freeze and don't do nothing at all?

#4 rwarrin

rwarrin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 12:49 AM

THis is just my quess, to put a x3 chip on a on any board other then a 1.6 xbox is very easy to try if you have a x3 to try it with. I was amazed that after I put another HD on mine it would boot. I think it would work but I haven't test your exact problem. As far as I could tell the only thing that kept me from loading the x3 bios was the drive not being able to unlock itself once I put in a drive that was unlocked the x3 fell though and booted. This is only my guess on this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users