2 replies to this topic

#1 JonnyDoh

JonnyDoh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:00 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm currently running a 1.1 xbox with a matrix mod chip, which seems to be running EvoX D6 eject fix modded to blue. I only recently figured this out, since I needed to get an old version of XBTool to read it (1.0.1 seems to work). Unfortunately, I have the original hard drive but the bios only looks on the DVD and then on the F drive for evoxdash.xbe or xboxdash.xbe. As a result, I have to use a copy of evolution-x on a disk everytime to boot or I get a error 13.

I've upgraded via FTP to the latest version of the dashboard (evoluion-x build 3935 from http://evox.xboxhackz.net/) and I also got EvoX M8 plus bios. I've ftped that over to the C:\bios folder now and setup the ini with the MD5, but since the matrix only has the one bank, I'm really paranoid about it going wrong, so I thought I'd double check with the experts here.

Is M8 plus suitable for the matrix (it seems to be 256k and I've avoided the _16 one which only works on 1.6 xboxes)? How reliable is the EV tool (also from the same site)? I've used it to create a blue logo, no evox logo and no trademark symbol, but I don't know if I should be changing the LBA48 stuff. The standard M8+ bios and my modified one both currently have it set to "Partition 6 Takes the rest of the drive", but should this be "Use standard partition table" since I still have the original hard drive, or will it work with this setting?

I've been agonising over fixing the bios for ages, so I'd really appreciate your help in confirming the setup before I go ahead with it. Since I had problems with the pogo pins I had to pay a place to solder it in for me, so I don't know if I'd be able to use my programmer to reflash it if things go wrong.

- Jonny

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:36 PM

Evox M8 Plus bios is safe mate, EvoTool is fine just don't use _16 as you said or it will destroy your 1.0 hardware inside over time.

#3 Silver_Surfer

Silver_Surfer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE(JonnyDoh @ Apr 21 2005, 03:11 AM)
Is M8 plus suitable for the matrix.....The standard M8+ bios and my modified one both currently have it set to "Partition 6 Takes the rest of the drive", but should this be "Use standard partition table" since I still have the original hard drive, or will it work with this setting?

I've been agonising over fixing the bios for ages, so I'd really appreciate your help in confirming the setup before I go ahead with it.

View Post

I recently moved from m7 to m8plus and noticed that XVtool/XBtool now.. NO longer has the "LBA48 Support and Default Partition Table Options" section ghosted out as was the case with XBtool 1.0.8 and the m7 bios.

Using the m8plus bios and XVtool 1.0.9 I flashed my Matrix with this setting at "Use standard partition table" and when attempting to ftp over to my swapped locked 120gig seagate I noticed that the "F" partition didn't display any contents so I reflashed with what I assumed must be the default setting of "Partition 6 Takes the rest of the drive" for this newer XVtool 1.0.9 and all is as it should be again.

Hope this helps any other confused Matrix owners with regular sub 137gig HDD's.

Edited by Silver_Surfer, 17 June 2005 - 02:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users