3 replies to this topic

#1 mexcrept

mexcrept

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:01 AM

What's up guys!

Just wanted to see if anybody can help me.

The thing is, I have have two Xboxes (ver. 1.6 +aladlive), both with samsung drives.
Both dvd trays get stuck if there is no disk in them, but will open and close fine if a disk is present. (made my self clear??)
My solution: bang on top of the xbox while pressing the eject button lol...
I've already cleaned and lubed up the insides of the drives, and apprently that didn't help.
Well, I found the catch...
If i try to eject the tray while the dvd drive cover is off, the tray slides open and closes just perfectly.
So my conclusion, is that the magnet on the drive it self is too strong and it has something to do with the white hub getting too stuck to the magnet, or samsung just made a defective drive....

Well, has anyone solved this little problem? (i can always just leave a disk in hah!)

Thanks in advance!!

#2 TKramka

TKramka

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • Interests:Computer Technology, Xbox Hardware and Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 April 2005 - 02:49 PM

Yup, the magnet is too strong, look at the tray belt and if it has slack in it, get a new one, otherwise, make sure everything that moves in there is greased up.

#3 .:Dino:.

.:Dino:.

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:22 PM

i have an odd kind of similar problem. when i turn my xbox on after it being off for a while, and i press the eject button to turn it on, the drive jams on the first try of ejecting and opens fine on the second. after this initial first boot i can turn it on and off and do anything and the drive will open fine.

#4 Stitch_626

Stitch_626

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:36 PM

Maybe the drive belt is slipping because it is streached or has some grease on it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users