2 replies to this topic

#1 realmccloy

realmccloy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 06:19 PM

Hey all, I chipped a 1.6 with LT OPX mod chip. All flashed fine, loaded up HD with apps and emu's and sent the puppy off.

Person who received machine just informed me that he gets no audio with chip enabled or disabled.

I have installed about 15-20 LT OPX's on 1.6 machines and have not ran into this issue yet. To be honest, I listen to music when working so I couldn't even tell you if it had sound when it left or not...guess that was a smooth move..lol.

Anyway, I know the 1.6 quick solder method has it's ups and downs, so was wondering if there is any point on the install I can have him focus on. Maybe just not a good enough connection or something like that. There are only 8 solder points so hopefully this can be rectified without having to replace the mobo.

Thanks in advance for any input.

#2 FallsInc

FallsInc

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:07 AM

have you had him try new cables?

#3 realmccloy

realmccloy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 08:21 PM

Yeah, that's the first thing I did.

But, he sent me the machine back and sure enough..no audio. I replaced the mobo and all is well. Even used the same chip. Even with the chip off I have no audio, so something got boogered on the mobo or it was boogered before I even touched it. My bad for not testing audio first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users