• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 splinter07

splinter07

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:40 AM

i just got a harddrive from my friend who used to use it but he got a larger one and gave it to me, his box was modded and he has all the files on the hd and it was a softmod. My box has never been modded, what do i do to get his hd to work on my box?

#2 The_Hushed_Casket

The_Hushed_Casket

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Modding, Computer Engineering.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:47 AM

You will need to either softmod, or chip your xbox, install a hacked BIOS, and then (I believe, because the Hard drive is already formatted for xbox use) stick the hard drive in.

#3 Creepy_Smell

Creepy_Smell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:50 AM

Just open up your xbox, remove your original HD and put the new one in. Since its already softmodded you dont have to do much. You also get to keep your old drive this way. Somewhere on this site is a walkthrough of opening up the case and putting in a new HD if you need help.

#4 splinter07

splinter07

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 03:52 AM

i already tried to put just my hdd in but it wouldnt load up avalaunch, it just came up with a message that i need to get my xbox serviced

#5 harbingerofdoom

harbingerofdoom

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 April 2005 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE(Creepy_Smell @ Apr 21 2005, 05:56 PM)
Just open up your xbox, remove your original HD and put the new one in. Since its already softmodded you dont have to do much. You also get to keep your old drive this way. Somewhere on this site is a walkthrough of opening up the case and putting in a new HD if you need help.

View Post

errrr... no... that wont work

you have to lock the new drive with the old drives lock code... to do that you have to get at the eeprom.... to do that you have to either do a hotswap & load an exploit onto your current drive or chip your xbox...

once you do that, then you can get the lock code for the old drive & lock the new drive with it... then you should be done...

use the magic search button to find the info on how to hotswap, and get the unlock code.

#6 Creepy_Smell

Creepy_Smell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:20 AM

Doh!
There goes my plan then to loan my old HD to my buddy. Guess I'll just guide him through the whole mod process. Ah well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users