#1 mcfly88

mcfly88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 22 April 2005 - 05:14 AM

I'll try to keep it short...

X3 works GREAT. The Xbox connects to the internet with good speed (tested via skins, XBMC downloads, etc...). I have the xbox connected to a switch, not a router. My PC is also connected to the switch, with the DSL feeding the switch. Each device has their own IP. I can ping the Xbox, but I can't freakin' FTP to it. I've tried FlashFXP, CuteFTP, read the tutorials, but few of them even mention a switch... Within the FTP software, it doesn't give me a bad name/password, just a connection time out.

Pulling hair out, any help would be appreciated.

McFly88
MS HDTV pack
Stock controller(s)
Problems thinking 4th dimensionally.

Edited by mcfly88, 22 April 2005 - 05:14 AM.

#2 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 April 2005 - 05:18 AM

well i have never personally used a switch... but my suggestion to solve your issue would be to just go out and by a crossover cable ... this dont cost much and will solve your ftp issues for sure.

p.s. i only have expierience with routers/crossover cable when it comes to ftp connectivity. wink.gif

but just for kicks where u using "STATIC IP" addresses on both the pc and the xbox when u where trying to connect... thats the first thing i would try on your switch before considering getting a crossover cable since u will need static ip's on both the pc and xbox with the crossover cable.

if someone else has a better idea... im sure he would want to hear it wink.gif

Edited by ThaCrip, 22 April 2005 - 05:19 AM.

#3 mcfly88

mcfly88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:39 AM

Yeah, the Xbox and PC have their very own IP's. My ISP wants each MAC/device to connect via DHCP... as far as I know that means I can't force an IP onto the Xbox. True, I could forec and IP on the Xbox and channel it through the PC, but then it loses it's "own" internet access. No?

It would be adeal to have the existing setup remain (independant IP's and full internet access), just for the freakin' FTP to work!

Still confused,
McFly88

Edited by mcfly88, 22 April 2005 - 09:40 AM.

#4 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 April 2005 - 09:47 AM

when u adjust the ip address settings on EVOX etc it has nothing to do with xbox live or system link stuff.

i just told u to do that with the static ip on pc and xbox so u can transfer files to and from the xbox... once your done put it back to the way it was so u can resume normall pc use.

like i say if that dont work u can buy a crossover cable... cause this WILL work if your just trying to get into the xbox temporarily to adjust settings/ transfer in new files etc.

have a good day.

#5 mcfly88

mcfly88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:19 PM

lright, I got it working if I assign an IP manually. One more problem though... I can dowload from the Xbox at speeds exceeding 2.5 mb/s, but my uploading barely hits 60kb/s. I've tried as many different FTP protocols/methods I can think of think of... ideas?

McFly99

MS HDTV pack
Stock controller(s)
Problems thinking 4th dimensionally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users