8 replies to this topic

#1 Hasshaus

Hasshaus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 05:50 PM

I decided to backup my copy of DOOM 3 for the faster loading times.. I managed to remove the ID logo (idlogo.bik) but I don't know what the other files are called for the Vicarious Visions and Activision logo.. If anyone knows.. please tell me.. thanks again

#2 toni2526

toni2526

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 05:53 PM

dont know if you can, and to be honest why... ?

It cache's to the hard disk during the intro movies, so they are there for a reason.

#3 Hasshaus

Hasshaus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:31 PM

No, it caches to the hard disk AFTER the intro movies. I deleted some unnecessary stuff, such as update.xbe, downloader.xbe, dashupdate.xbe and some french,italian,spanish stuff and when I went to play the game, I let it load through the intros but it needed to work hard after the intros to update the cache

#4 Hasshaus

Hasshaus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:34 PM

If you have ever put HALO or HALO 2 on your hard drive and deleted the intros, you would notice that a screen that says "LOADING xx%" comes up.. It loads in a matter of seconds and immediately goes to the main screen. Intro removal does speed up waiting times drastically..

Try backing up HALO or HALO 2 (and removing the intros) and you will see what I mean.

Edited by Hasshaus, 22 April 2005 - 06:38 PM.

#5 AZImmortal

AZImmortal

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 April 2005 - 06:47 PM

no, toni's right, it caches to the hard drive while the intro movies are playing. if you try to skip the movies by pressing A while the game is still caching, then a message appears that says "Loading, please wait..." if the game is already cached, then you can just skip the movies.

#6 Hasshaus

Hasshaus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 07:08 PM

Regardless, without the intro.. You don't have to skip the intros by pressing buttons.. it will just go into cache and load immediately.. thats why im wondering which files to remove to take off the VV and Activision intro..

#7 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:28 AM

Try using RADtools and watch the movies in doom3 on your computer to see which movie is which

#8 scoobster

scoobster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:16 AM

You could probably replace the intros with blank bik files wink.gif

#9 death_driver_911

death_driver_911

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:01 PM

no, depending on what game, it will cache during the intro movies. GR2 does this. just remove the movies and watch what happens. everything moves reaaaal slow and online play is very difficult. some games it doesnt mattter, like RS3 but others it does. backup those files and delete them then if it dont work, restore them. then delete your cache to see if it works or not.

DeathDriver911

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users