4 replies to this topic

#1 rwarrin

rwarrin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:19 PM

My Xbox was having a random freezing problem and then the video just quit. These are the different things going on.

1)Turn on Xbox has no video or audio the light stays on green and the TV gets a signal from the box but CPU chip is very cool, the cpu must not be working the hard drive sounds like it starts to boot but stops.

2)Turn on XBox with video cable removed the lights now flash red and green and CPU gets very warm, the cpu is working ans same thing on HD starts to boot but stops.

3)Video cable in and remove HD and DVD the light blinks green. This makes me think that the system knows what is going on but I have no video or sound.

As soon as you plug the video cable back in the cpu cools and you have no video or audio and it starts to boot but hangs.
I have tried the pin 18 and 19 to the cap for a coma xbox but it did not work. I have a 1.1 box.
So here is the question why when the video cable is plugged in the cpu is ver very cool but when you unplug the cable the cpu seems to turn on and gets very very hot. Does anyone have any ideas of things to check out. Like I said it was working but freezing now and then and then while I was playing the video just shut off. It still had some type of signal from the box because the tv does not come back like when it looses its signal and says ext. video. If anyone has any ideas I will try them.

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:54 PM

Check how warm the MCPX is getting. If its getting warm then the mobo is gone.

#3 garyopa

garyopa

X-S Genius

• Admin
  • 750 posts
  • Interests:Embedded Hardware and Firmware
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:10 AM

When the video cable is unplug, you should get blinking Orange.

Try a different cable.

#4 rwarrin

rwarrin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:16 AM

The mcpx chip has a heat sink on it and it gets warm maybe 90f. What is weird is the cpu temp with no heat sink on it and video cable plugged in its cool guess 80 to 90f but when you unplug the video cable its gets hot now. I only unplug for a second or two but its enough to get hot my gues 140 to 150f. Oh well any other ideas of things to check I will try.

#5 TKramka

TKramka

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • Interests:Computer Technology, Xbox Hardware and Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:01 AM

How fast does it get hot? If it gets real hot when you turn it on after a while, you need a new mobo. sad.gif So sad to see another 1.1 bite the dust, oh well, mine isn't dead yet, and boy do I love that thing love.gif A 1mb TSOP w/o the GPU fan or daughterboard, how can one not be in love? And as a plus, it came w/ a Mineaba PS and Philips DVD, whats not to love?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users