Photo

Ftping Into Original Hdd (just Want What's On E:\)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 211

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Mt Biking during Mt Bike season and Video Games during Video Game season
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:32 AM

Kay, so I can FTP into my box with the chip on and with my new drive installed. Partly infact because I can get into the settings and see exactly what the IP to the XB is.

Now, how can I FTP into my box with the original HDD installed so I can backup my saves on E: drive?
With the original hdd installed my only option is to boot into M$ dash which has no manual IP config settings.

What's the trick? or is there a better way to backup my original drive (like I mentioned, all I'm after are my game saves)???

Please help! I'm about networked out and I've been searching these threads for two days, I'm starting to get a migraine blink.gif

#2 JustinT9669

JustinT9669

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:51 AM

install a dashboard (EvoX) to your original hdd and ftp the games.

#3 211

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Interests:Mt Biking during Mt Bike season and Video Games during Video Game season

Posted 23 April 2005 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE(JustinT9669 @ Apr 22 2005, 02:57 PM)
install a dashboard (EvoX) to your original hdd and ftp the games.

View Post

You mean the game saves right? FTPing the saves is easy enough but how do I install JUST Evox on the original HD? All I've ever used was slayers and I'd rather not install all that crap on a drive that I may want to use as OEM later.

Can I copy an Evox file right from the slayers files? Is it an executable?

#4 MadHacker

MadHacker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE(211 @ Apr 22 2005, 11:38 PM)
my only option is to boot into M$ dash which has no manual IP config settings.

View Post

Are u sure man? mine does! in network settings, u change from automatic to manual configuration and slap in the static IP/DNS/Gateway/etc and ur good to go.

dry.gif

#5 211

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE(MadHacker @ Apr 22 2005, 04:24 PM)
Are u sure man? mine does! in network settings, u change from automatic to manual configuration and slap in the static IP/DNS/Gateway/etc and ur good to go.

dry.gif

View Post

I'm pretty sure. I know if I goto the MsDash from within evox I get network settings but I'm almost positive there were none from the OEM Dash installed on the original HD.

Gotta cook some dinner so I'll slap my old drive in and try again in a couple hrs.
beerchug.gif

#6 211

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:04 AM

Kay just threw the OEM drive in. Heres what I'm looking at after the M$ splash screen:

>Memory

>Music

>XBoxLive

>Settings
>Clock
>Language
>Video
>Audio
>Parental Control
>Auto Off
>System Info

The only way I can configure my network settings is to attempt to connect to XBL then it says, "A network connection could not be created [OK]".
So then I get into Settings from there, select Manual IP, enter IP: 193.168.0.3 Subnet: 255.255.255.0 and try to leave the Defaultgateway blank (even tried 0.0.0.0), but then I get a message, "The internet address entered is not correct for this setting".

This is as far as I've got and have reached the limit of my knowledge....

Please help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users