#1 Prican24

Prican24

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:41 AM

ok, i had this guy bring me his xbox cuz he said it had probs reading discs so i told him its most likely the dvd-rom gone bad so i got a new drive for him and installed it and saw it worked fine but then i saw what really was the problem, his stock hdd was bad to the point that the xbox gives him an error that says to call the number in the manual and also when trying to go into his saves, it loads super slow and when it finally shows up, it says total = 0 and availible = 0.

now the guy spent his money for replacing the dvd-rom and he doesn't want to mod his box but i told him that i do have another stock drive that i can give to him as its no use to me but my problem is finding a way how to put my hdd in place of his since he doesn't want to mod his xbox uhh.gif

anyone have any ideas as i'm stumped right now.

my xbox is modded with x3 so i have no problem unlocking the other stock hdd since it was from the same mobo but putting it in his and to lock it to his is the problem i can't think of how to do it.

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:18 AM

Put his old DVD drive in and give his money back. You diagnosed the problem incorrectly so will have to keep the drive for another box and lose a bit on the labour.

#3 Prican24

Prican24

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:28 PM

well thats an option but he wants a working box and i'm willing to work with him but the only option i see possible is installing a x3 temporarly to lock in the other hdd i got.

#4 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:45 PM

That is possible, and an easy fix especially if you have a solderless adapter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users