• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 folstag

folstag

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:45 PM

i reccnetly softmodded my xbox and erased over a crucial file that it needed to boot now all i get when i start it is an error message i cant do anything i was wondering if i could take an ordinary hard drive and if i copied the files that are on a new xbox harddrive to boot. could i use that and get my xbox running the normal way and if so does anyone have the core files that i can download

#2 bishoplen

bishoplen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:10 PM

Hi,

You can read the xbox harddrive with a windows program at http://www.xbox-scen...?page=harddrive "FAT-X-Plorer"

I don't know how to unlock the hdd without a mod chip.

len

#3 tzenrick

tzenrick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:19 PM

If you dumped your eeprom info, and did a proper backup to your PC, you could use XboxHDM (from the usual place) and fix it like that.

Otherwise you'll have to get ahold of layers to get the core files, XboxHDM to make a bootable CD to install the core files from slayers, and do a hotswap so the xbox will unlock the drive for you.

Then, once you get it up and running again, I suggest you find a tutorial to flah your TSOP so that you won't have that problem anymore, then all you need is a boot CD if you do something bad to your HD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users