• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DDiggalo47

DDiggalo47

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 03:39 AM

I just recently got banned. So i looked up how to get unbanned. Didn't see anything on swaping out my HD for another stock HD. So what i did was use a friends modded xbox and got his epprom off because he doesn't use live on his. So i took his and put it on my original HD. It worked fine for a day then got the ERROR MESSAGE. So what i was wondering is can i no longer use my friends epprom if i put it on a new stock HD or what? also can you just swap out the HD with another persons HD from a xbox that was never modded? And finaly where and what type of HD do you need to get to replace the original after getting a new epprom? and any other info i may need to help would be great. thanks

#2 DDiggalo47

DDiggalo47

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 03:57 AM

let me elaborate on the swaping...a friend has an xbox that hes never been modded or on live so if i just switch the HD for mine is that all i need or do i still need an eeprom? also if i get a new HD do they not come with eeproms? or are these put on the HD by MS after the xbox is made?

#3 Tfizzle

Tfizzle

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 07:27 PM

virgin eeprom+virgin stock HD = live

virgin eeprom+virgin upgraded HD+new gamertag= live

the eeprom from your friends box will not work since you tried with your HD. you will have to get another eeprom. read the pinned topics.

#4 DDiggalo47

DDiggalo47

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:16 PM

what if i have another friend who has an xbox that has never been on live. can i just switch out my HD for his? is there anything else i would need to do? the eeprom is on the HD right?; so if his is virgin then all i would need to do is swap the HD's out right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users