V1GiLaNtE

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:32 PM

which should i get Unreal Championship2 or Timesplitters 3?
Thanx

#2 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 April 2005 - 08:14 PM

Haven't played ts3, but in that game you can't jump. blink.gif

UC2 is a nice change of pace from Halo2.

#3 I Want More CowBell

I Want More CowBell

The only Prescription is....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Interests:Get out! This part is just for the men!!!!!!!!!
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 April 2005 - 08:17 PM

i prefer unreal myself...but everyone has their own taste in games smile.gif

#4 OR-G

OR-G

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 09:13 PM

I haven't played UC2 yet, but it looks just like the other UC's. If thats the case then it's probably great for online play only.

TS3 has a fun single player game, which is great to play through coop. The gametypes and maps for TS3 are pretty fun too. With the ability to play 4 player split screen against bots.

If online jumping/dodging crazy weapons online your type of game UC2. Other than that I know TS3 is a pretty fun game.

#5 sunkist

sunkist

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 09:54 PM

I have both and my friends preferred Time Splitters 3 over UC due to the variety of gameplay options and its easier to start playing (about 6-8 of us get together every weekend and play). UC you can only play 2 people per Xbox so its more geared towards online play. Not being able to jump sucks in the begining but you get used to it pretty quick in Time Splitters. I thought UC was much better than the old one and lots of fun but it does have a lot higher learning curve to it with the Melee and Adrenaline stuff, where as Time splitter you just pick it up and start playing, no need to really learn anything new.

#6 themadman123

themadman123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Film...

Posted 24 April 2005 - 10:13 PM

I havn't played Unreal 2 yet, but I have played through Timesplitters 3 (the single player) and it is amazing I love the comedy and the just plain "funness" of the game, but for mulitplayer I'm sure Unreal 2 is amazing but you do have the multiplayer of TS3 where you make your own maps....

in short, if you got the money, get both.

#7 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE(OR-G @ Apr 24 2005, 02:19 PM)
I haven't played UC2 yet, but it looks just like the other UC's. If thats the case then it's probably great for online play only.

TS3 has a fun single player game, which is great to play through coop. The gametypes and maps for TS3 are pretty fun too. With the ability to play 4 player split screen against bots.

If online jumping/dodging crazy weapons online your type of game UC2. Other than that I know TS3 is a pretty fun game.

View Post

Nah this UC is much different. Each character has their own adrenaline things, own unique melee weapons, and speed/strenght etc. You can go 3rd person. You can freeze your enemy with a gun and do a finishing move melee style. You don't hunt maps for weapons, only ammo so you select the guns you like before hand. One weak pistol type weapon that you can use to freeze as mention, an explosive ammo weapon, and an energy ammo weapon. Plus you can enjoy a gazillion maps. There are wall jumps and its a really entertaining game playing bots alone.

#8 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 25 April 2005 - 02:41 AM

My vote goes to Unreal. After trying to decide between this and psychonauts I got this and its excellent. If you have an HDTV then sit back and watch the fireworks. Framerate is my only complaint but other than that its just about perfect.

#9 esc1

esc1

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 02:44 AM

I noticed some tearing myself, but that was just on the flyby preview of the maps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users