16 replies to this topic

#1 bwanaaa

bwanaaa

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 02:35 PM

Which modchip will have the safest, most foolproof way to allow the xbox it is installed in to go on LIVE? I guess another way to look at this, which modchip can be configured to allow the xbox to boot into the MS os and appear unmodded on LIVE? Will it be sufficient to simply having the modchip be OFF ?

Is there a modchip which will prevent LIVE access when the modchip is on? Will only smartxx do this or do the others do it too?

tnx.

#2 sidewinder33

sidewinder33

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 April 2005 - 04:00 PM

i have an xenium ice chip and ive never had a problem, easy quick boot to my hacked bios with the power button and to the xos with the eject button. as far as not accessing live when using your chip you need to get live blocking bios, they attempt tokeep you from logging in, they are the first line of defense against accidential logging in. so my vote is the xenium ice or now the newest is the xenium s.p.ice

#3 281R

281R

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 April 2005 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(sidewinder33 @ Apr 25 2005, 09:06 AM)
i have an xenium ice chip and ive never had a problem, easy quick boot to my hacked bios with the power button and to the xos with the eject button.  as far as not accessing live when using your chip you need to get live blocking bios, they attempt tokeep you from logging in, they are the first line of defense against accidential logging in. so my vote is the xenium ice or now the newest is the xenium s.p.ice

View Post

I say dittos on that being a Ice user and an X3 user

#4 WhatTheHello

WhatTheHello

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 05:50 PM

i have an x2.6. very useful. haha. u can turn the chip off and stuff. but my sister, she pressed the music link on evox and then it booted onto the msdashboard. i got screwed.

really its the bios that matters.

#5 teetu

teetu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 09:35 PM

I've been using the x2 4983 bios with xbox live blocking, but I noticed that the newest x2 bios 5028 has a "Disable Access to Xbox Live (Extended Version)"

what exactly is the extended version all about?

#6 ChrispyCreampuff

ChrispyCreampuff

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 04:31 AM

X-Chip by far. Blocks XBLive, in game and on dash (tested myself). All you have to do is hold A while booting to load M$ BIOS.

#7 Morlok8k

Morlok8k

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:Games<br />xbox modding<br />computer fixing<br />sex (with women)<br />drinking
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:03 AM

I just turn off my Spiderchip, and go on live - with a upgraded HDD (but i hardly ever do as i dont want to take the chance of being banned)

If you are really worried... get a second xbox just for live - thats waht i do! (technically i got a second xbox to mod and used my first for Live - and i only got it for $40 too!)

#8 P3ST4

P3ST4

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:everything
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:32 PM

i have the smartxx pinheader installed with lframe...it runs like a charm..does everything...to go on live i just unplug my modchip and put it in an antistatic bag under the dvd drive, and unplug my 160 HD and plug back in my original HD..it takes about 2 min

#9 jaydon34

jaydon34

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:34 PM

I play on live everyday with both of my modded boxs its the bios not the chip. Just make sure the bios you use has live blocking.

Edited by jaydon34, 26 April 2005 - 02:36 PM.

#10 BzChacal

BzChacal

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE(P3ST4 @ Apr 26 2005, 07:38 AM)
i have the smartxx pinheader installed with lframe...it runs like a charm..does everything...to go on live i just unplug my modchip and put it in an antistatic bag under the dvd drive, and unplug my 160 HD and plug back in my original HD..it takes about 2 min

View Post

WoW. really it took 2 min blink.gif

#11 P3ST4

P3ST4

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:everything
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 26 April 2005 - 05:01 PM

yea

#12 jaydon34

jaydon34

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE(P3ST4 @ Apr 26 2005, 07:38 AM)

View Post

lol too much work...... what I do is just mod the box and install an upgraded hd then lock it then go on live for the first time with the upgraded hd. When im not on live i use a live blocking bios and disable my chip. Works like a charm for me!!

#13 CamdogXIII

CamdogXIII

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:Modding xbox's, building computers.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 April 2005 - 08:06 PM

if you get a 4th gen chip you should be good, and if you don't just get the newest x2 bios, easy to config and blocks live very well.

#14 m82a1

m82a1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:14 PM

got the x3 with 3108 SWEEEEET
love it
like everyone else said its the bios really not chip tongue.gif

#15 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 April 2005 - 03:01 AM

I have an old Chameleon version 2 I guess... there were two that came out.. mine is the last one.

I never, ever had a problem with it. But I know they're considered obsolete now, and you can't probably get them anywhere.

I do know by experience also that X chips work like a charm.

Good luck with your buy mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users