3 replies to this topic

#1 AllSystemGo

AllSystemGo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:31 PM

Ok so I got my new 200 gig Hard Drive for my Xbox. Now I<m trying to figure out how to get more then 137 gig.. Can anyone point me in the good direction please.

#2 kkattfish

kkattfish

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 April 2005 - 07:44 PM

use any new bios to enable the additional space

#3 minnow

minnow

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 April 2005 - 10:06 PM

Yep. It's called LBA48 support, I believe. Enable it in the bios, then flash it to your chip. Then install the hard drive.

#4 Symph0ny

Symph0ny

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:12 AM

I'm having a lot of trouble with lba48 right now. With a PC+bios that doesn't support LBA48, and an xbox with only UDE, I cant seem to get above the 137gb limit.

I modded a separate box a few months ago, same situation (slightly different font hacks), I ended up using norton ghost to image copy from the stock HD to the new one. After norton copied the stock drive (which had no F partition), I loaded up x-disk and added a huge F partition (like 242gb)

I lost my norton ghost bootdisks, and I've tried the image copy from xboxhdm, and g4u ("ghost 4 unix"). Both will clone the new drive fine but adding an F partition doesn't allow me to go over the 137gb limit. With the methods I've been using, including "build drive from scratch" in xboxhdm the sum of the partitions is 137gb, so adding another partition for G is no good.

If I had paid more attention to what I was doing first time around I could help out more... does anyone else have experience in this area? if I try to get norton ghost back is that going to help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users