I just bought a brand new xbox with MFG 2005-02-23. This is an NTSC xbox. I checked xbox settings and it says 1.00.5838.01 and 1.00.5960.01 so I'm guessing that means I have kernal 5838 and I have dashboard 5960.
I'm using MechAssualt and on the bottom of the ring it says MS02301L L1 01 which according to my searchs means I have the right version of MechAssult.
Ok, the problem I'm having is this. After choosing "Run Linux" my screen goes completey BLANK. Nothing there at all.
I have tried Krayzie's 2.8 and 2.7 installer as well as Ltools 1.8rc1 and I still get the same result.
These are the steps I am taking.
1. Get the packages from the "usual places"
2. Unrar them and if zip up from the udata beyond making sure there are no unneccesary files other than the ones I need. (readme's etc)
3. After this I am left with a udata.zip file.
4. I open up Action Replay XBox PC Software v1.31 and I drag the udata.zip to the pc column (the middle column) and it is place under the MechAssualt folder with the name "run linux" - I've also tried deleting the MechAssult folder that comes with Action Replay before transfer the udata.zip to the middle column.
5. From here I click the plus sign on the MechAssualt folder and drag the "Run Linux" to the memory card making sure they I have already right clicked and formated the memory card.
6. I get no errors on the transfer and the progress bar completes.
7. I take out the memory card put it in controller, I turn the xbox on with no game inside.
8. I go to the hard disk and make sure there is no saves on the box.
9. I then backup and choose the memory card and I press down and then press right and I select the "run linux" save by pressing a and then a box pops up that says copy/delete.
10. So I choose copy and then I choose the hard disk and it shows a progess bar and it completes.
11. I then turn off the xbox, pull out the memory card from the controller and power on with the eject button.
12. I set the disc in the tray and press the eject button again, the game starts up.
13. At the main screen I choose "Campaign" and then I see a "Run Linux" save and a "MechWarrior" save (even though I deleted all previous saves)
14. I highlight "Run Linux" and then I press A
15. At this point the screen goes completely blank. I don't get a menu to install anything or any sort of picture. The xbox stays on and the eject light is still green in color.
At this point I don't dare touch any buttons so I've waited for 15 minutes and still nothing. I can turn the xbox off and then turn it back and it boots right up to the MS dashboard.
Please please please can someone help me.
I'm at my wits ends.
Edited by IcedOut3E, 26 April 2005 - 12:54 AM.