• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mC420

mC420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:45 AM

i have a little problem...im experienced in modding boxes and have modded quite a few, but havent had any real problems that couldnt be fixed until now...i recently softmodded a friends box with nkpatcher10 (which i modified using nkedit to suffice my needs and in order to boot unleashx)...it's a 1.6+ box and i upgraded it to a 300gb drive wit my chip from my own box...thing is some games boot and some games jus go back to the dashboard after they are launched...all the caches are clear and i even tried media patching some of the .xbe's of some games that wouldnt boot, but have the same resolve...if anyone has any ideas on what the problem might be, please share some insight. thanks in advance

#2 avatar1

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(mC420 @ Apr 26 2005, 09:51 AM)
i have a little problem...im experienced in modding boxes and have modded quite a few, but havent had any real problems that couldnt be fixed until now...i recently softmodded a friends box with nkpatcher10 (which i modified using nkedit to suffice my needs and in order to boot unleashx)...it's a 1.6+ box and i upgraded it to a 300gb drive wit my chip from my own box...thing is some games boot and some games jus go back to the dashboard after they are launched...all the caches are clear and i even tried media patching some of the .xbe's of some games that wouldnt boot, but have the same resolve...if anyone has any ideas on what the problem might be, please share some insight. thanks in advance

View Post

retail games or backups? maybe you did something wrong with the region settings of nkpatcher..? did you split the 300gb drive into an F & G drive to avoid the sure-to-happen FATX data corruption?

#3 mC420

mC420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:41 AM

when i said suffice my needs i meant like lba48 and so...and i set it up for autodetect the region for the nkpatcher settings...im saying both retail and backup because i tried putting a retail game into the dvdrom-drive and it still goes back to the dashboard after launching it and also when i ripped the game again to the drive it does the same thing...first time this has happened to me i cant seem to figure out wats wrong...ive even tried reapplying the thing from scratch but same results...or is there another method i could use like PBL (as in using a bfm bios)...ive only used the pbl on boxes v1.5 and below but i heard that it doesnt work on 1.6's so ive used the nkpatcher til now...a friend told me there was a modified pbl that worked but he's away right now and i cant ask him...this is the first time ive had trouble with it, anyone have any ideas? thanks

#4 bdf24

bdf24

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:20 PM

Check the parental settings in the msdash. This can cause what your experiencing to happen. I know cause I changed my once and this did happen. Some games would boot and others would just go back to the dash. Mines set to (RP0 Ratings Pending. Anyting else does what your experiencing.
It's worth a try.

Also maybe it would help if you could list the games that are actually giving you trouble.

#5 NICNAC

NICNAC

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:32 PM

Have you tried nkpatcher with a shadow c, I've heard that this can help.

You might also wanna try a non moddified nkpatcher, like from straight from the 'uxe complete' package.

#6 mC420

mC420

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:21 PM

OMFG!!! that rating shit was the problem...hrmm i shoulda noticed it wasnt launchin any 1st person shooters and the game i tested was playboy mansion when i ripped the game and booted it from the cd...haha ya i noticed in the gamesaves that the game was being saved to the memory but it wasnt launching...thanks alot man this has got to be one of the most stressing/dumbest stumbling blocks i ever encountered...well i cant blame ms for applying it but gawd i think that should be in every faq lol...pZ guys and thanks alot agen

Edited by mC420, 26 April 2005 - 07:31 PM.

#7 bdf24

bdf24

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:20 PM

Glad to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users