3 replies to this topic

#1 chadffx2

chadffx2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:11 PM

somehow my other xbox got fried when I unplugged the ribbon cable and a piece of black plastic landed on the motherboard and the system will start up with a green light for like a sec then turn into a red flashing one. so I got a spare xbox from a buddy who messed up his lens so I was thinking I would just swap out his thomson drive with my samsung drive and his original xbox hd with the 200 gb one I got in my xbox. I was wondering like what would I need to do to get my 200 gb harddrive to work in his xbox? and my old xbox was softmodded also by the way. thanks

#2 Master Reefed

Master Reefed

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:26 PM

use Evox, or ConfigMagic...to backup the eeprom of the box that you wanna put the HDD in (a gamesave with evox will work). then do it the same way you did yours. I'm guessing XBHDM seeing's how your softmodded.

#3 chadffx2

chadffx2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:09 PM

so everything on my 200 gb harddrive won't become erased when I put this in the other xbox system?

#4 chadffx2

chadffx2

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 04:28 AM

I don't have the actual EEProm saved on my pc from my xbox but I do have the Disk Serial Number, Disk Model Number, HDD KEY, HDDLOCK Disable Password, XboxHDKey and HDD Locking Password written down from a while back when I copied my eeprom from my old xbox harddrive so is there anyway now from me to put my 200 gb harddrive into the other xbox without having to erase everything off of it? Since I have all of this plus I still got my original xbox harddrive that also has the same eeprom on it as the 200 gb harddrive it that matters. Thanks! if anyone can help me with this problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users