3 replies to this topic

#1 ifitzgerald

ifitzgerald

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:34 PM

Hi everyone.

I'm having trouble trying to mod a friend's early version xbox with a version 1.5 X-bit. Please note that about a year ago I successfully modded my own early-version Xbox with a v1.0 X-bit.

Here's the problem: whenever I plug the X-bit into my computer to flash it, my computer won't recognize it, but warns that a device connected to my USB port is drawing too much power. After investigating a little further, I determined that my USB ports are able to supple .5 A. So, that means that the X-bit was drawing more than .5 A from my laptop. I also noticed that the chip labeled "72F651 AR6T1 M22020230 W Malta" was getting so hot that I couldn't even touch it. I promptly unplugged the X-bit from my computer. I tried another PC, with a different USB chipset, and got the same results.

Thinking that my X-bit is defective, I submitted an RMA request to ConsoleSource.com. They closed my support ticket and replied that there is a fix for this problem, and gave me a link to this forum. Before submitting an RMA though, I searched high and low for possible fixes, especially on this forum. I just think they're trying to delay my support request until the warranty expires.

So, in your opinion, is my X-bit defective and in need of replacement?

Thanks for your help.

#2 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:38 PM

Thats fucking rediculous - giving you a link to a forum is not satisfactory customer services. If the chip is less that a few days old, then im pretty sure that it is within your rights to return the chip without any hassle.

From what you have described, the chip does sound as though it could be faulty. Take the oppertunity to get a refund and buy a Xenium Ice with the money. Seriously, these xbits are more hassle than they are worth. mad.gif

#3 ifitzgerald

ifitzgerald

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 10:27 PM

Silentscream_,

Thanks for your input. I agree with your comment about that being really crappy customer service. I responded to them, asking them to point me to a specific topic, and they gave me
this link.

Obviously, it has nothing to do with my specific problem. If I don't get anywhere with them in a few days I'm probably going to tell my friend to contact his credit card company and report his problem. Hopefully it won't come to that though, but I'm not saying that they don't deserve it.

Oh, and their return policy states that any defective product can be returned within 30 days from the date of purchase, and we still have a few weeks until then.

Anyway, thanks.

#4 ifitzgerald

ifitzgerald

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:39 PM

Hi everyone. I basically just want to bump this topic, since I'd like some more input into the problem. I'd like to use this topic to refer ConsoleSource to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users