X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 April 2005 - 05:06 PM

Hey everyone.

Lately I've been trying to find out a way to get my xbox hdd key. I can't figure out how to do this. I've been reading so many threads on various forums. One of them said "in the evox dashboard menu select the backup option. This will dump a text file that contains the key..." So I look at the options in my dashboard....I don't see an option to backup anything anywhere!

Ok so I look at the next thread. The guy says "run config magic and it will detect the key". Ok so I download the source code of Config Magic 1.6 and put it on the E:/Apps folder. Reboot the xbox and search for Config Magic in my menu. I don't find sh*t!

Another thread talks about some gamesave hack for Mechassault and 007 Agent Under Fire and how using this exploit the key will be dumped into a text file onto the xbox hard drive in a specified location. Yeah well I don't have either of these games so I just struck out.

Is there a simple way to get this stupid hard drive key?

Thanks in advance.

#2 AsTnBoMb

AsTnBoMb

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 05:08 PM

Well if you dont know how to download an xbox application and run it, then go to the newbie forums bud. Config Magic is what you need to run.

#3 kinesis

kinesis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 05:21 PM

why would you download the SOURCE for config magic? you need the actual app, including the .xbe file...
or

on Evox just hit backup then go into you E/dashboards/backup and download the hddkey.txt file and the PW is on the txt file seperated by colins (ie. 4a:32:fd:24:2f:h6:) its only the first 40 numbers so just make sure you dont include the colin when you are unlocking the hdd and make sure you dont include all the zero's after the actualy pwd..

#4 show

show

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:16 AM

no worries. I found an easier way to do it. Thanks for the replies though. Except for the guy who called me a noob and didn't really read my post carefully.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users