5 replies to this topic

#1 Lizard_King

Lizard_King

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 06:20 AM

Well, overall it was 6$ well spent. But ONLY because of the "ANIMATRIX" trailer/minifilm before the movie. That thing is fucking incredible. I was always, even with DOA3XBV, really doubtful of CGS's potential for making hot chicks. But this without question lays that one to rest. See that, then walk out.

...because the actual movie is a cliche wrapped in a derivative work stuffed in a sack of shit. King plagiarizes his own works, from "Stand By Me" to "IT"; He plagiarizes Alien and the X-files; He regurgitates the very worst subplots of action films in what may well be the worst performance of Morgan Freeman's career (and yes, I've seen Prince of Thieves).

When, oh when, will horror movie makers realize that only in very specific sorts of films, with very specific sorts of artists at work, do big computer-generated monsters work? The movie seems to have promise with a lot of subtleties, camera work, and humour used to frame an eerie setup...but once you see the first major bad guy, you know you are in for a whole movie's worth of the Spider-clown monster from "It".

It's a damn shame, because the group of friends is really well done. Jason Lee is funny as hell, and his buddies are no slouches. They have a very believable rapport. But if you're going to center the movie's heroics around a retarded kid, you had better have a good reason for it; this movie does that kind of shit for kicks. And then they give him FUCKING CANCER just to spice it up.

See the matrix minimovie, elsewhere if you can. It will leave you drooling for more. But this movie is a botched abortion.

#2 staticFLINT

staticFLINT

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts
  • Interests:my only interest is making sure i always have fun with what i am doing... lets go be lame! yEAH!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 March 2003 - 06:21 AM

there is already a thread just like this.... http://forums.xbox-s...&f=4&t=38953&s=

#3 Lizard_King

Lizard_King

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 06:26 AM

My apologies. I failed to "do a fucking search". Perhaps the merge maniacs on this board will help a brotha out.

But this movie really, really, really sucks.

#4 staticFLINT

staticFLINT

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts
  • Interests:my only interest is making sure i always have fun with what i am doing... lets go be lame! yEAH!!

Posted 22 March 2003 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE (Lizard_King @ Mar 21 2003, 11:26 PM)
My apologies. I failed to "do a fucking search". Perhaps the merge maniacs on this board will help a brotha out.

that is dose!

#5 diablo996

diablo996

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 March 2003 - 05:17 PM

Wow, I cant believe you hated it that much. I thought it was a very enjoyable movie. Im not saying it was great, but it surely wasnt all that bad. The eel like alien things were pretty sweet, and the way they had jonesy was pretty awesome also. I have to agree though giving the retarded kid cancer was pretty gay.

#6 Lizard_King

Lizard_King

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 22 March 2003 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (staticFLINT @ Mar 22 2003, 09:07 AM)
QUOTE (Lizard_King @ Mar 21 2003, 11:26 PM)
My apologies.  I failed to "do a fucking search".  Perhaps the merge maniacs on this board will help a brotha out.

that is dose!

what does that mean? That is "dose"?

See, diablo996, it is precisely because the beginning had so much promise that I was so disgusted by the way they arbitrarily inserted every single scif/horror cliche thereafter. Just think what it would've been like to have a much more subtle alien infection (you could still have the butt-eels, eventually), gradually taking over the cast...that's what the ads seemed to promote.

Have you seen "Stand By Me"? How could King not only rip off his own movie, but do so badly?

Edited by Lizard_King, 22 March 2003 - 06:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users