2 replies to this topic

#1 drp

drp

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:57 PM

A friend brought me his X3 chip and wanted me to test it for him(he had another guy "try" to mod his 1.6 box). I have a working 1.0 xbox with an X2.6 w/ xapt3r. I put the X3 chip in my box and it just FRAG's. I can take the X3 chip out and put in my 2.6 and everything works fine. I tried booting to the backup (pressing eject and power button) but to no avail. I'm not real familiar with X3 chips so what does this sound like to you?

I know I have the xapt3r correctly installed because it works fine with my 2.6 chip. The only thing I don't have hooked up on the X3 are the HD and LAN wires.

Does this sound like the other guy flashed the chip and f#*@ed it up? Or am I just missing some error testing I should be looking at?

#2 drp

drp

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:13 AM

up up and away

#3 mlapaglia

mlapaglia

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 April 2005 - 12:57 PM

do the lights come on on the chip? is the chip facing the correct way on the motherboard? the long end should be sticking inward torwards the xbox, and the pin header should be the farthest to the left on the chip.

if your xapter is installed correctly and the chip fails to work, then i would say that the chip is bad. go get that guy that attempted to mod your xbox and stick it up his (insert body part)

-m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users