• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 FIGS

FIGS

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:12 AM

Hello all, I am noob with xbox modding, but i do have a fairly extensive electronics background, and some programming knowledge, anyway.... moving on to the point. I wanted a cheap modchip so i bought the Xbit cuz it was cheap and looked like it had plenty of features. I recieved it promptly, and i was delighted to crack open that MicroShit box and tinker with it. Through the wonderful tutorials I was able to easily discern where and what the LPC port was and the d0 bridge, and although yes it was a little tricky to fit the solderless xbit on... with a flashlight and some patience it can be done perfectly fine without all that BS cleaning and poking and prodding etc etc etc. However i was kind of ticked when i found that for some reason i couldnt flash the BIOS... i mean i bought the darn chip because it had an easy USB flashing system... ok so i did some searching, and there were plenty of complaints about this.. seems to be a windows xp issue. so when i finally got it working i decided to post on here how i did it... and hopefully this will help.

1. Take out all of you USB devices.. yes even that fancy MS intellimouse, if its USB ull have to go with a PS/2 for now wink.gif
2. Download the V1.5 windows XP flashing software
3. Restart computer
4. Set dipswitches 1-3 OFF and 4 ON (dont know if this makes a diff... but try it)
5. run xbit flashing software
6. connect miniUSB cable to XBIT device
7. connect XBIT to computer (windows with recognize it as some generic HID or something)
8. press connect

do it in this order and make sure u have absolutely NO OTHER USB DEVICES PLUGGED IN.. and if it doesnt work, repeat these steps with a different USB port.. try using the 1st USB port first. hope this helps

Edited by FIGS, 27 April 2005 - 08:18 AM.

#2 ZzBloopzZ

ZzBloopzZ

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 04:59 AM

This method works! I guess it was my MS USB mouse that wouldn't let me flash. Doh!

Thanks so much!

#3 mnsherick

mnsherick

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:15 AM

Threw mine off the third floor on day 27 got X3 on day 30 had mod completed and running on day 31.

I've done 5 XBITS and 1 X3

XBITS were find until 1.5

No more cheap mods for me.

-Matt

#4 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 June 2005 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE(mnsherick @ Jun 8 2005, 04:26 AM)
Threw mine off the third floor on day 27 got X3 on day 30 had mod completed and running on day 31.

I've done 5 XBITS and 1 X3

XBITS were find until 1.5

No more cheap mods for me.

-Matt

View Post

Nothing wrong with cheap mods, the DuoX2 runs perfectly every time for me, and its only 8 a chip! Just the xbits seem to be a bit awkward when you come to flash them laugh.gif

Glad you got it running.

Edited by Silentscream__, 14 June 2005 - 09:42 AM.

#5 zX_Storm

zX_Storm

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Interests:Cracking and modifying games for the XBox :)<br /><br />Especially Counter-Strike XBox.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 June 2005 - 10:14 AM

I'd agree with the whole X-BIT was great until 1.5. They really screwed up with the new ones.. why don't they just stop manufacturing and go back to 1.0 ones? -.-

#6 sparky2003

sparky2003

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 09:52 PM

dont work mate, tried your guidelines word for word and tried ALL usb slots.

wont start. i hate the xbit

#7 DevaNinja

DevaNinja

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:18 PM

what in the heck is V1.5 windows XP flashing? I was an xbit fan until 1.5 as well!

#8 mnsherick

mnsherick

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 04:09 AM

They don't flash properly, and if you can get them to flash like I did. Then you see broken trace marks on the board and they act funny.

-Matt

#9 Payne159

Payne159

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:37 PM

Ok well heres my deal. I got that up and running and supposedly flashed the xbit, but when i put in the xbox, it wont let me put in a dvd-r, only error code 16 comes up. I do know that i screwed my ms dash so i resorted to this. Having a little bit of trouble though. Please tell if you know what to to. Thanks.

#10 dawn_to_dusk_[pt]

dawn_to_dusk_[pt]

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:50 PM

oh well i just didn't worked for me. i've tried all imaginable ways and alll the ones i've seen on the net in the last weeks and nothing. i think that thoughtpad is not usb, my pc has only usb 2.0 ports, i've also flashed on a win 98 pc mad.gif

#11 darkplayer

darkplayer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:15 PM

Finally got it to flash my chip, had another PC with XP but not heavily loaded like my main PC. Also, had a bad usb cable, almost threw the chip out the window. mad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users