Hello all, I am noob with xbox modding, but i do have a fairly extensive electronics background, and some programming knowledge, anyway.... moving on to the point. I wanted a cheap modchip so i bought the Xbit cuz it was cheap and looked like it had plenty of features. I recieved it promptly, and i was delighted to crack open that MicroShit box and tinker with it. Through the wonderful tutorials I was able to easily discern where and what the LPC port was and the d0 bridge, and although yes it was a little tricky to fit the solderless xbit on... with a flashlight and some patience it can be done perfectly fine without all that BS cleaning and poking and prodding etc etc etc. However i was kind of ticked when i found that for some reason i couldnt flash the BIOS... i mean i bought the darn chip because it had an easy USB flashing system... ok so i did some searching, and there were plenty of complaints about this.. seems to be a windows xp issue. so when i finally got it working i decided to post on here how i did it... and hopefully this will help.
1. Take out all of you USB devices.. yes even that fancy MS intellimouse, if its USB ull have to go with a PS/2 for now
2. Download the V1.5 windows XP flashing software
3. Restart computer
4. Set dipswitches 1-3 OFF and 4 ON (dont know if this makes a diff... but try it)
5. run xbit flashing software
6. connect miniUSB cable to XBIT device
7. connect XBIT to computer (windows with recognize it as some generic HID or something)
8. press connect
do it in this order and make sure u have absolutely NO OTHER USB DEVICES PLUGGED IN.. and if it doesnt work, repeat these steps with a different USB port.. try using the 1st USB port first. hope this helps
Edited by FIGS, 27 April 2005 - 08:18 AM.