• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shanusanus

shanusanus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 June 2002 - 05:09 PM

well ive done my ps2 modchip, ive done the gamecube mod but boy did i get my xbox mod wrong!

I got the xtender chp and started out modding my US machine. Managed to burn away one of the contacts on the main board - took off all the wires and now my xbox wont see the bios - no boot up at all - just flashing greenred light on front.

Ive now got a UK machine but I havnt got the balls to try and mod that one.

IS THERE ANY PROFESSIONAL SOLDERERS OUT THERE IN THE UK - PREFERABLY KENT THAT WOULD BE WILLING TO DO MY MOD FOR ME?

Ive got tons of bloody US games but cant play them at all - my US machine is buggered and my UK machine needs modding!

MAD.
HELP ME PLEASE.

#2 ChicaneWeaver

ChicaneWeaver

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 June 2002 - 08:01 PM

ouch! not nice! Sorry to hear about ur problems dude
Cheers
ChicaneWeaver

#3 Tommatt

Tommatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 June 2002 - 09:31 PM

Take some pictures of it. Not sure how you are at soldering, or how much damage you did, but it may be repairable. If you can take some picutres of it, and send them to me, I'll see if I can be of help with any suggestions.

et_tc@hotmail.com

#4 joeflux

joeflux

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 June 2002 - 11:39 PM

That exactly happened to me. One of the points broke off and I could not put solder back in it to attach the wire. Then I held the solder iron into the motherboard for it to attach, 8 seconds and i really screwd it up. Then removed all and i had christmas lights on my xbox. fried bandicoot.

Is it a good idea to put the little solder balls on motherboard first, then slide the wire into it and re-solder like gamegizmo says? I connected 29 wires with live soldering without pre- solder balls. What is better? easier?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users