#1 Seany

Seany

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 11:44 PM

Hi all,

I've read all the relevant tutorials and I just wanted to make sure what I am about to do is correct.

I have a soft-modded v1.6 xbox.
I have a brand new 200GB HD

Ok here's what i've done so far:

1. I backed up the eeprom.bin + hddkey on the xbox.
2. I've put the contents of the C folder from Slayers Auto Installer v2.6 in the xboxhdm\linux\C\ folder.
3. I've put the eeprom.bin in the xboxhdm\linux\eeprom\ folder.
4. I've used the make-iso-win.bat to create the ISO and burned it to a CD.

My questions are:
i. Do I put the power cable from the xbox into the HDD and power it from there or is this just for xbox HD's ?
ii. Do I just run xboxhdm when the CD boots and choose option 1 = "Build a HD from scratch" ? Is that all I have to do to make the HD work when I put it back in the xbox? Is there anything I should do before or after I choose option 1?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but after reading a lot of tutorials I just needed to make 100% sure.

Thanks in advance.

#2 dude696zan

dude696zan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 12:46 AM

1) Yes once u format the new hdd u can power it with power cable that xbox's hdd is plugged into and u use the same ide cable.
2)yes u chose option 1 build hdd from scratch. Once it is finish it ask u to make a F partion u should chose yes and then when it is done u reboot ur pc and then chose option 3 then u lock the hdd. Then you turn off ur pc. Then u are done.

To lock the hdd u need the eeprom key that EvoX backed up it should be somewere in ur E drive and it should be in ur ISo that u made inside the eeprom folder.

#3 Seany

Seany

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 12:55 AM

So the power is constant to the HD because it's powered from the xbox.. So when the PC is reset the HD wont lose power?

So I choose 'option 1' then 'Yes' for F:, PC reboots, then Option 3? what is option 3?

#4 dude696zan

dude696zan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:22 AM

ok for setting up hdd u use the power from ur pc and it is ok if it reboots. But when ur all done just plug in the power cable that old hdd was using and plug in the ide cable that it was using. and put lid back on.

When u first boot up disk chose option one which will say xbox utilities then chose option one again cause it will bring u to a new screen and this time it will say Build hdd from scratch. to lock hdd chose option 3 when u first boot up disc chose option 3 then go on from there.

#5 Seany

Seany

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:55 AM

option 3 is CLone existing HD.. ?

#6 Seany

Seany

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:46 AM

lol, yeah I know what u mean option 3 when i reboot = DOS with Unlocking tools..

Just after finishing the upgrade, thanks a lot for the help.

BR

#7 Cio

Cio

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:52 PM

Dont use the C folder from slayers installer cd, this doesnt contain exploit files and will only boot the retail dashboard.

Get UXE complete and use the contents (CONTENTS NOT THE FOLDER ITSELF!) of C replace as the content of C (pretty obvious)

Burn slayers to a disk. NEVER EVER USE FULL INSTALL/REBUILD ETC! (this will wipe ur exploit on the C drive unless u have a shadow C, witch we can talk about later)

Now build a new drive useing xboxhdm and lock it using the linux lock/unlock tools. If ur gonne mod ur stock drive, u need to use the same option to unlock ur drive to edit it (be sure to lock it after ur done or u will get error 5)

Dont manually lock untill u know what ur doing. Just dont. Always let xboxhdm lock/unlock from the eeprom.bin file.

After u put the HD back in ur xbox (for christ sake DONT hotswap/power the xbox hd with ur xbox while it's in the PC to edit it, you only need to do such things if u dont have ur eeprom) just boot and insert the slayers CD. Ig it boots, ur xbox now contains the exploit and is basicly modded.

Check what UXE complete boots (i think C:\fonts\nkpatcher\dashboard, not sure though check the readme). Now simply insert the dash of your choiche or leave the default.

Install apps using slayers as a starter. All u should need now is dvd2xbox and XBMC, so u can delete all the other apps from the apps folder (i would leave avalaunch, dvd2xbox and XBMC, they can do anything the other apps can do)

DONT USE FULL REBUILD/RETURN HD TO STOCK or whatever. This will wipe the mod. just do something like "retail HD full app install".

Edited by Cio, 28 April 2005 - 01:53 PM.

#8 Seany

Seany

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(Cio @ Apr 28 2005, 11:58 AM)
Dont use the C folder from slayers installer cd, this doesnt contain exploit files and will only boot the retail dashboard.

View Post

Yeah I used the files from Slayers 2.6 which are retail (didn't know at the time)
Anyway, When the dash loaded I just copied the MA game-save over and used Krayzie's UXE auto-installer.
I'm now enjoying my nice new 200GB upgrade cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users