1 reply to this topic

#1 tbird2340

tbird2340

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 12:16 AM

Ok. Somebackground. I bought a softmodded xbox off a fourm. He set it up as follows:

""Your xbox has had a complete douche and the only thing loaded on the c drive is AVALAUNCH dash and the UXE exploit. That is it It was done using HDMAKER from ldots and the originial expliot was from the 007 Ltools UDE2."

This means I have no M$ dash. What I'm trying to accomplish is simple. Enable DTS/AC3. When I try to do that I get the error:

""EEprom access denied
Will not write to eeprom when HDD is locked"

Now, it was suggested by someone here on the forum to install UIX and use that as my dash to try and change the audio settings. So I went and got the UIX from the "usual place" and unzipped them to my PC. Then I went into XBMC, My FIles, and created the directory E:\dashboards\uix

I then went to my home pc via the "Workgroups (SMB)" and copied the UIX files into the E:\dashboards\uix directory. When they were done copying I tried launching the uix.xbe. When I launch it it goes to a black screen for a few seconds and then just goes right back to the Avalaunch dashboard.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

#2 vinney

vinney

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts
  • Interests:Anything Xbox, Basketball, my bitches.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 07 May 2005 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE(tbird2340 @ Apr 27 2005, 11:22 PM)
What am I doing wrong?

View Post

You havent gotten the Audio and Fonts files Im guessing... you need to add them to your audio and font folders in E:/dashboards/uix/user.interface.x/

Hope this helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users