• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gums

Gums

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 08:48 AM

My problem is ive got one 1.0 xbox with a thompson which reads all media and backups I make. Its got a matrix chip in in with Evox d.6 bios. My other xbox is a 1.1 i think it has a alladin xt chip and the bios is the spiderchip flash bios. The xbox with the alladin chip has a samsung 605b in it. So i backed up several games and then tried them. All backups work fine on the xbox with the matrix chip but when i put them in the alladin xbox I can only read a few such as mvp 2005 and burnout 2. I figured it was the media but so i tried verbatim dvd-r, tayo yuiden dvd-r, sony dvd-r, imation dvd-r, and tdk dvd-r. Still the same problem. Next i bought a modded samsung 616t put it in and still the same problem. Finally I got my thompson drive out of my other xbox and figured thatll work and still had the same problem. Could it be the BIOS? Im lost any help is appreciated.

Oh yeah im using prassi to burn ISO's ive tried nero and dvd decrypter also. I always burn at 1x with my pioneer a03. dry.gif

#2 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 April 2005 - 07:08 PM

I would say that your burner is the problem. An A03 is stoneage now. Also an old 2x burner like the A03 won't work well with newer media (4x and higher) without a firmware update. Have you tried updating to the latest firmware?

#3 Gums

Gums

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 10:41 PM

No but ill try it and see what happens. If it is the burner then why do the isos work on my other xbox without a problem though?

#4 pb_05

pb_05

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:57 PM

does the other xbox read the disks your samsung wont read, becauseif that is the case then its just the samsung drive

#5 Gums

Gums

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:42 AM

I even put my thompson which reads everything in the xbox with the alladin chip and got the same problem. which is wierd because the game i tried ive been playing all day with this drive on the other xbox. Could it be the BIOS. The only thing the drives will read on this xbox is the slayer disc and spiderflash disc for some reason theres never a problem reading those.

#6 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE(Gums @ Apr 29 2005, 09:47 PM)
No but ill try it and see what happens. If it is the burner then why do the isos work on my other xbox without a problem though?

View Post

Firmware can do some weird things to a burner. I've seen a number of people using the same configuration over and over again (software, burner, settings, ect.) and have discs that work on certain drives but not on others, they then update the firmware for the burner and using the exact same settings as before, they end up producing perfect working backups. It could be the bios. I for one am not impressed with the Evox bioses. The xecutor ones seem to be the most stable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users