Photo

Inserting custom cars into GTA Vice City.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Zdemon29958

Zdemon29958

welcome to my underground lair..

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:50 AM

This tutorial assumes you already have installed dmagic1ís wheel mod, if you donít know how read my other tutorial here http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=390873

What you will need:
Txd Workshop 3 http://www.gtatools....=download&id=15
IMG Tool v1.3
http://download.t-n-...?file=IMGTool13
RW Analyse
http://people.freene...m/rwanalyze.zip
Collision File Editor and D3DX81ab.ddl (put the D3DX81ab.ddl in the directory of the col file editor)
http://people.freene.../colleditor.zip
http://people.freene...-m/d3dx81ab.zip
And a modded xbox with gta vice city on the hard drive.

Step 1
Download a car of your choice from various grand theft auto modding sites (check the links topic thatís pinned). I chose the 2004 BMW 325ci Convertible, which has its own .col file (not every car gas a .col file with it). It should contain a .TXD file a .DFF file and a read-me with what to replace in the handling.cfg and default.ide files.

Step 2
Extract your car to a folder on your desktop for easy use. Then open up your car in txd workshop 3, then click properties/compress/ok. It will compress it to either DXT1 or DXT3 depending on weather alpha is used. DO NOT PRESS COMPRESS ALL! IT WILL NOT WORK THAT WAY! You need to compress each one individually. Once youíve done that press save.user posted image

Step 3
Now open up your car.txd in RW Analyse, then do this:user posted image

Step 4
Go back to the read-me that came with your car. It should look like this:user posted image

Step 5
Open up those files with notepad (handling.cfg, default.ide and carcols.dat), they are all located in the data folder. Then replace the line in the files with the ones given to you in the read-me.

Step 6
Once you have done that open up your gta3.img with img tool 3. Press f2 and find your car.txd and car.dff, in my case Iím finding ďdeluxo.txd and deluxo.dffĒ. Rename it deluxo_orig.txd and deluxo_orig.dff. Then go commands-> add, and add your txd and dff files. Rebuild your archive (commands->rebuild archive) and exit.

Step 7
If your car doesnít have a .col file with it skip to step 9

Step 8
Open up the collision file editor then press load. Load the vehicles.col located in gta vice city->models->coll->vehicles.col. Find your car.col (deluxo.col for me) and click replace, find the replacement that came with your car and replace it. Hit save and then exit.

Step 9
Now to ftp over all your stuff. Just replace all the stuff you modified (vehicles.col, default.ide, handling.cfg, carcols.dat and gta3.IMG) with the stuff on the hard drive. Always to remember to delete GTA_VC.CAP.Final if you donít it wont work!

Step 9
Go play vice city with your new cars!

*note*
A car you download may come with a particle.cfg file, you can use it if you want.

Thank-you for reading my tutorial and feel free to comment on it or ask for any help. This tutorial was totally made by scratch by me.

If you have done these things:

1) You installed dmagic1's wheel mod
2) You followed this tutorial correctly
3) You cleared the cache and deleteed GTAVC.CAP.final

And if it doesn't work, it's just one of those cars that won't work for gta vice city xbox.

Edited by Zdemon29958, 14 June 2005 - 09:00 AM.

#2 82_Z28

82_Z28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Interests:messing with xboxes and cars
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 April 2005 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(Zdemon29958 @ Apr 29 2005, 04:56 PM)

Can someone please pin this?

nice tutorial. I think its worthy of a pin. I put a request thread in the Compliments / Suggestions / Complaints forum to get the "links" thread pinned. Try that. Best of luck

Edited by 82_Z28, 30 April 2005 - 07:31 PM.

#3 Infinite_Matrix

Infinite_Matrix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Modding the XBOX!!!!<br /><br />The Lite-Step OS<br />Making win32 programs<br />Helping others with xbox problems
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:27 AM

the TXD workshop link isnt working

i tried replying about this earlier but the X-S server was down like usual mad.gif

can u send another link or something please smile.gif

#4 Infinite_Matrix

Infinite_Matrix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Modding the XBOX!!!!<br /><br />The Lite-Step OS<br />Making win32 programs<br />Helping others with xbox problems
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 May 2005 - 02:48 PM

nvm about to post before i said but goto gtatools.com and then search for the workshop there.

anyways besides that I tried to save it in TXD workshop that was all good but when i goto the rwworkshop then when i try to convert to XBOX the thing says that the file is not a dxt1 and is only a 16bit color and has to be a 32 bit or somethign and i went back with another file also and the same thing happened, so its starting to piss me off when i goto do this over and over again. do u have a solution?

--------------------------

oooo i see now, u didnt explain that u had to convert every single item tho sleep.gif anyways lemme read this and update my reply as much as possible lol

Edited by Infinite_Matrix, 02 May 2005 - 02:57 PM.

#5 grifter66

grifter66

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:42 PM

Ok something isn't right here....I'm missing the info in step 3.

The picture that's posted of what it looks like in step 3
It's not there when I get to that point.

So I have no idea why and I followed all the steps up unil that point but that part isn't there for me I have never even seen that until now.

Also as soon as I replace any car in the game with a new one. as soon as I get to the area that particular vehicle is supposed to be there the game locks up.
I have done this with over 50+ car mods and the result has been the same all 50+ times..It's almost like the game can't be missing the actual model of the car that's supposed to be there and if it is missing the game can't read properly.
I have tried cahnging all different vehicles, Motercycles, Buses, Mopeds, Golf Carts, normal vehicles.

People keep saying these are simple mods and that the tutorial is easy to follow.. but I can't see how this is possible or why they are saying this. (Well I did follow the tutorial) ,I can see if it didn't work with some or most mods but not every single mod I've tried....and I've even tried it with the mods that people said they got working......And I don't see how it's possible that every single mod I have downloaded just happened to be non-compatible.

Any ideas

Edited by grifter66, 02 May 2005 - 09:51 PM.

#6 grifter66

grifter66

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:07 PM

Ok I know why I'm having problems with it, it's because Step 3 is missing information.
All you said was: Now open up your car.txd in RW Analyse, then do this....You never finished explaining what your supposed to be doing, What the point to this RW Analyse thing is, or what you mean by do THIS...You also never mentioned anything about closing the RW Analyse .....This is probably easy and I'm probably going to kick my self and don't ask me how but you lost me here.

But forgetting about that all that's needed here are the missing explinations other than that this tutrial looks awesome...Good job (And I'm not being sarcstic either) I really mean that...Good job smile.gif

Edited by grifter66, 02 May 2005 - 10:20 PM.

#7 grifter66

grifter66

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 04:33 AM

Oh yeah BTW what is this asking because i have no clue to what this is asking

In this part in the tutorial:
Collision File Editor and D3DX81ab.ddl (put the D3DX81ab.ddl in the directory of the col file editor)
http://people.freene.../colleditor.zip
http://people.freene...-m/d3dx81ab.zip

This means to do what?

Because this is missing explination as to what he actually means by this because right now I have no idea whatb this is, what it means or where I'm supposed to place that D3DX81ab
I have tried the following
Placing everything in the same folder
Dragging the D3DX81ab into the exe.
Opening the colleditor with notepad but there is no where the D3DX81ab can go (You can't pace a file inside a text document and then have it work)

The above situaltion, is why I say that people don't know how to wrote proper instruction manuls/guides. and the guide they do have certain parts are written very shitty. I'll bet you he didn't even take into account that someone would not know what he was talking about. So now what I have to do is keep making topics about this until someone answers my question and it's all due to the fact because something that should have been written to begin with, wasn't.

#8 grovespaz

grovespaz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 11 May 2005 - 12:18 PM

Eh dude, i allways use compress all, and it always works.

Its alot easier.

Also, i use batch converting for the large projects, works without any errors. smile.gif

#9 Zdemon29958

Zdemon29958

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:14 PM

Really? I heard that some people couldn't do it so I never tried. I'll check that out. beerchug.gif

#10 Zdemon29958

Zdemon29958

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:15 PM

And if it still doesn't work clear your cache. It will definatley work now, if not go back to the tutorial and see what you did wrong.

Also if you are sure you have done everything right there is a good chance that the car just simply doesn't work on the xbox version.

#11 miguelfp1

miguelfp1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, baseball<br>Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:31 PM

I have a question, I tried your tutorial, followed every step, and the game freezes, even after clearing the caches and deleting the GTA_VC_CAP.final or something similar (don't have the Xbox right now), so my question is, adding cars works with a trained xbe??

#12 Zdemon29958

Zdemon29958

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 10:39 PM

I'm not sure, I have never tried that, that might be the problem.

But what car did you use? Because I think that some cars just don't work for the xbox version of vice city.

#13 miguelfp1

miguelfp1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Soccer, baseball<br>Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:02 PM

Thanks Zdemon for the (quick!!) reply, I actually may have done a really stupid thing, I installed 2 cars and a weapon and sent the file to the Xbox, I did not try installing individual vehicles and testing to see if it worked. I will try again when I get back home.

Great tutorial, btw!!

#14 Zdemon29958

Zdemon29958

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 11:24 PM

Thanks! biggrin.gif

#15 darkblizzard

darkblizzard

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Interests:GTA Series Modding, Specificly GTA: San Andreas.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 June 2005 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE(miguelfp1 @ Jun 3 2005, 05:42 PM)
I have a question, I tried your tutorial, followed every step, and the game freezes, even  after clearing the caches and deleting the GTA_VC_CAP.final or something similar (don't have the Xbox right now), so my question is, adding cars works with a trained xbe??

Of course, my xbox has new vechicles and also has project x's trainer for vice city.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users