Photo

Inserting custom cars into GTA Vice City.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 darkblizzard

darkblizzard

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Interests:GTA Series Modding, Specificly GTA: San Andreas.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 August 2005 - 02:59 PM

It doesnt at all...an Xbox will freeze up with high poly cars.

#32 RvN

RvN

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 August 2005 - 05:16 PM

Ok... thanks a lot.

I had inserted a few cars in vice city, but they were low poly. smile.gif

#33 jas982345

jas982345

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 May 2006 - 11:22 PM

when i go to open gta3.img in the imgtool i get an error that says "unable to find dir file!" then it has the location of the gta3.img file except it says gta3.dir in stead? i coppyd the .dir file to that location and it still says that?

#34 gta_hack3r

gta_hack3r

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:I like things! :D
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 May 2006 - 02:37 AM

I'm not sure about this but try opening the .dir file straight from the game folder where it is stored. (make sure gta3.img is still in there too)

#35 strekship

strekship

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 12:41 AM

My game freezes up during the loading screen with the pink loading bar. I have checked everything and it seems fine. I do not know how to clear the cache, but i did delete the .final file.

#36 atomic_kangaroo

atomic_kangaroo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Gaming
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:35 PM

Can someone tell me does this tutorial apply to GTA3, I would like to try installing the REALGTA3 mod
http://realgta.net/realgta/

I have managed to get the "mechanics" to work, just not the cars and models, I see that not all cars are insertable for Vice City, so I'm guessing this applies to GTA3 as well.

So far I have the spread on the shotgun changed, to the more realistic spread and added power, as well as the power changes to other weapons also the abilitry to run while firing the shotgun (much loved addition). As well as added my own custom stations (lol easy considering they're WMA files tongue.gif )

The config files are identical to the PC version so I've managed to change all the car names to their REALGTA3 real life counterparts as well as modify the handling of the cars to match the mod. (you can straight out copy the config files to the game but you end up with menu's not displaying the controller options correctly e.g "press y to enter car") so some editing is required there unless you know the game inside and out, then that doesn't matter I guess.

I just can'tseem to get any of the models to run, I have compiled the files like inserting the mod/models into the PC version but the game won't load. So just wondering if doing it like this tutorial should it work? Before I go spending a ship load of time attempting to convert this large mod over.

This for is just a personal project for now as my pc copy of GTA3 runs like crap more so with REALGTA installed, as I can't see any way to legally upload it for others to use. (and yes I do own my copies of the PC and Xbox versions gotta support the games industry biggrin.gif )

So if anyone can help me here or direct me to a thread that may of already covered this as the forums search function just refuses to work for me.

Thanks (and yes if doable I will be seeking the REALGTA's author's permission to do this as well as try and get around any legalities that might come from a release to the public. I have no desire to break any laws here)

Edited by atomic_kangaroo, 27 April 2009 - 01:38 PM.

#37 binclintonusa

binclintonusa

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:05 AM

Thank-you for reading my tutorial and feel free to comment on it or ask for any help. This tutorial was totally made by scratch by me. love.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif

pret auto

#38 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • Interests:Family&Children, Traveling, Skateboarding, Cars, Electronics, Music, G4TV, Nice Homes, GTA Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

I'm having issues installing mods on my GTAVC right now. I've been at it since last night and I've deleted my Cache, GTA.CAP.final and none of my mods are working. It seems that there is a step I'm missing or something. I've had success with this in the past on my older Softmodded Xbox's, but this v1.3 I have now is giving me issues. I modded my copy of GTASA and it worked fine with the mods and everything. I wonder if I should install the game disc again using DVD2Xbox instead of FTPing it over like I did. Anyone have any assistance? I've tried everything I know, Google, etc...nothing.

Edited by Infamous Ob, 16 January 2013 - 11:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users