5 replies to this topic

#1 StarmanUK

StarmanUK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 30 April 2005 - 10:00 PM

Friend of mine (Not me honestly) managed to get his v1.6 xbox banned on xbl, so I sent him my eeprom from one of my xboxes that doesn't go on XBL.

He followed the the guide on the forums here is was fine upto step 7, when he loaded the eeprom I had sent to him no infomation was displayed so he went ahead with step 8 which was to update his xbox'es eeprom, and then to lock his HD.

Now his xbox displays an "Service required. Call customer support." error message.

His system details: Xbox v1.6 with an xecuter 2.6 installed.

Does anyone have any advise. Thanks in advance

#2 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 April 2005 - 10:56 PM

It could be either a Hard Drive problem (HD going dead), or that the modchip's connections are not good.

Have him check his soldering.

Also, be aware that if he uses the same banned HD, his new eeprom will be banned within hours after he gets everything working.

What error number does he get ??

Edited by Lord Magnus, 30 April 2005 - 10:58 PM.

#3 StarmanUK

StarmanUK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:15 PM

Nope, no error codes are displayed. It boots with the normal xbox startup screen with the evox logo but then switches to the service required message.

#4 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 12:17 AM

Does your HD make any noises?

Anyways, for what I know, those are the two things that could be causing your problem. It is weird that it doesn't come up with an error number though.

If the HD is unlocked, try putting it in a friends modded xbox to see if it'll boot. If it does, then the eeprom your friend used is somehow corrupted.

#5 StarmanUK

StarmanUK

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 09:31 AM

Turns out he missed it but an error 16 was displayed.

#6 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(StarmanUK @ May 1 2005, 08:37 AM)
Turns out he missed it but an error 16 was displayed.

View Post

Hmmm.... error 16 is ussually, if not always, some kind of error with the dashboard.
Has he tried re-building the HD with Slayers already? If not, download Slayers 2.6 from the ussual places, burn the ISO and boot it, then select the option to rebuild HD to stock. Also, have him backing up all gamesaves he can, if he can gain FTP access to his xbox, wich if I remember correctly the Slayers boot disk will give after boot.

Here's a reading on your error:
16 - dashboard - Other files to do with dashboard / dashboard settings (specific dashboard error)

Also, PLEASE remind him, that if he was banned, and if he's planning on getting back on XBOX Live, he WILL need a NEW eeprom, a NEW VIRGIN hard drive, and a NEW gamertag (If the HD isn't STOCK).

Any question or doubts, just ask.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users