• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gunnerone

gunnerone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 11:00 PM

Well, first off I have a pretty old Xbox, with a Thompson DVD drive. I've started to get more and more dirty disc errors, so I thought I'd clean it. I bought an RCA cd/dvd lens cleaner (a dvd with a little brush on it). I booted up my Xbox and ran that in it. It ran it's thing which took about 30 mins. Now after I did that when I try and play anything it won't recognize the DVD. I've tried several different DVD's including games and movies. When I put the disc in it tries to read it, but then just comes up with empty disc. Also when I took out the cleaning disc I noticed that there is almost a half inch long scratch right after the brush. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there before since I just bought the disc. Next I opened up my xbox, took apart the drive, blew it out, and cleaned the lens and mirror. After putting it back together I'm still having the same problem. The only other thing I can think of to try is to adjust the laser in the drive. I was just wondering if anyone has any other ideas for me to try, or if they have any idea why the cleaning disc would have messed it up. Thanks.

#2 munkle

munkle

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 May 2005 - 01:33 AM

your drive is gone, my friend did the same thing, he sent his xbox to MS to fix, they did it for free

#3 tags

tags

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 01:55 AM

If you are going to get a new drive they are about $30.00 with shipping for a new thompson on ebay

#4 gunnerone

gunnerone

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 03:59 AM

darn, guess I'll have to get me a new one. Thanks for the replies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users