• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 celeb8

celeb8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 04:43 AM

I've got an early model xbox with a philips dvd-rom. It's been great, not reading CDs but I never needed it to. I just moved and after the move it read DVDs/games/etc for two days properly, but now on the third day it ejects when I power it off, and when I put in any kind of disc it closes slowly for the last 1/3rd or so, then opens halfway while reading (and keeps opening bit by bit). It DOES read while the disc is in, but it never stays shut.

From what I've read on here the Thompson drive can be re-synched so that it keeps its proper open/shut state, but I haven't seen anything about the Philips doing teh same and/or how to fix them. Do I just need to replace the stupid thing? If so, is there a place to hook up a Philips drive for a more reasonable price than the price of a new Xbox?

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, I tried searching and read the FAQs and didn't see anything that covered this precise issue. Thanks for any advice or help!

#2 powdertoastman

powdertoastman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:15 AM

not sure if you can fix it or not, but if you just want a new one, check out www.llama.com they have new dvd roms on there.

#3 nj12nets

nj12nets

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:15 AM

i got a perfect used thomson that never fucked up. lemme know

#4 celeb8

celeb8