unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:44 AM

It's kinda hard for me to document the changes over the last 3 builds or so, but I hope this one would do, for now.

Q) How to bring up FTP client
A) Bring up file manager, press "Start" button, and select "Switch to FTP Browser".
If this is the first time you've use it, the right pane will be empty, otherwise, you probably added some sites already and it should show up in that pane.

Q) How do I connect to FTP servers?
A) If you are connecting to another xbox and Auto-search/auto-detect is on (must be supported by the xbox ftp server), you should see it in the list. just highlight it press "A".
You can also create a server list. Do this by pressing "Start" button to bring up a menu. Select "New site" and provide all necessary information.

Q) How do I bring up the Music Player?
A) Press the "White" button. If you've use UnleashX before, you should be able to find this out as the same button was used to control the playback.

Q) How can I use the dash to play Audio CD?
If you want the dash to always handle audio cd playback, leave the Audio CD Player section empty in the "AutoLaunch" section and set it to auto-Launch.
You can also bring up the music player (press White), then bring up the menu by pressing "Start", then select "Play Disc"

Q) Where is the Soundtrack Manager?
A) It is integrated into the music player. Press "Start" and select "Manage Tracks". All available Xbox soundtrack should be listed there. Select your desired soundtrack and press "A". Several options will come up.

Q) Can I change the appearance of the music player?
A) No way, I like that look, so No!
Kidding guys. Yes, of course, you can. The primary reason why the skinning engine was improved. In our favorite distribution repository, you'll be able to find a file named "MPlayerSkin.rar". This is a skin containing codes for the music player. I think it is fairly well commented so should be easy to follow. You can modify it or create your own, add it to your favorite skin file and that's it.
You can also refer to this thread for more info. You can change the color, or change it totally however u want it to appear.

Q) How can I localize the dash?
A) First, you must have a language file available for you, or create one for yourself. you can find the following language file already available from this links:
German translation by hansomat
German translation w/o umlauts by hansomat
French Translation by fornorst
Spanish translation by fernas

you can use this base language as a starting guide.
To use that language, bring up the control panel, and select "System Settings". Go to the "Misc" section, and select the file. The dash allows you to select the file from anywhere, so no need to place it in a pre-defined location. You may wish to keep it organized though.

Q) I've use a language file but some characters don't display correctly?
A) The font must support ASCII characters above 127 for them to appear correctly. The default font used in the option texts and file manager supports it, so it should display correctly there. The fonts used in the dialog title however, don't. This font will be changed to support these characters in the future. Also, the dash can use a skin-provided font, so this font must support them too.

Edited by unleashx, 02 May 2005 - 10:01 AM.

#2 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:07 AM

Q) How do I make/convert video files to use as screen savers and Skin Backgrounds
A) The files need to be in .wmv version 8 format or .xmv format to convert a video to wmv format Follow this tutorial Using MS's Windows Media Encoder version 9 or this Tutorial Using Stoik Video Converter noth of these softwares are 100% free

Edited by Jezz_X, 12 February 2006 - 05:39 AM.

#3 Kthulu

Kthulu

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:08 AM

Q) Does UnleashX have In Game Reset? How do you work it? How do you return to dash from a game/app?
A) Using gamepad key-combos to reboot the xbox is commonly referred to as IGR. UnleashX DOES NOT provide IGR capability. If you want IGR capability, you must use a bios or softmod that does. Most bios and softmods provide IGR functionality, but may need to be configured/enabled. If IGR is enabled and working on your xbox, the following combos should trigger it:

Left-trigger + Right-trigger + Back + Start
Left-trigger + Right-trigger + Back + Black

Edited by Jezz_X, 12 February 2006 - 05:21 AM.

#4 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 03:31 PM

Q) Live Update Doesn't work, it goes to 100% but errors out
A) It's very likely that it's a proxy issue. I tried several proxy servers but I can't replicate the problem so it is hard to fix it on my end. There's a work around, but it would be the same effort, if not more, that just simply obtaining it from the "usual place", so, just get it from there.

#5 isaac_24

isaac_24

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:57 AM

Q) How do I turn off the UX logo on startup or when I do an in-game reset (IGR)? Can I change the picture?
A) To disable the UX logo, you can do one of three things:

1. Using the File Manager, go to E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\ and delete the file 'UXsplash.jpg'

2. Go to the above directory and rename 'UXsplash.jpg'. Doesn't matter what.

3. Add this batch script somewhere to your config.xml:

CODE

<List Text="Toggle Splashscreen" Sort="Off">
   <List Text="On" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
       <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="UX Splash Screen">This will enable the Unleash X logo \nsplash screen. \n \nDo you want to continue?</Item>
       <Item Action="Rename" Arg1="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\UXsplash_off.jpg" Arg2="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\UXsplash.jpg">Rename spalsh</Item>
       <Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="Complete">UX Splash Screen is now enabled. \n \nSelect OK to continue.</Item>
   </List>
   <List Text="Off" Sort="Off" Batch="True">
       <Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="UX Splash Screen">This will disable the Unleash X logo \nsplash screen. \n \nDo you want to continue?</Item>
       <Item Action="Rename" Arg1="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\UXsplash.jpg" Arg2="E:\UDATA\9e115330\0064122817A8\UXsplash_off.jpg">Rename splash</Item>
       <Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="Complete">UX Splash Screen is now disabled. \n \nSelect OK to continue.</Item>
   </List>
</List>

Can you replace the picture? Yes you can. Use a JPG with the dimensions of 640x480

Edited by Jezz_X, 12 February 2006 - 05:19 AM.

#6 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,531 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 05:18 AM

Q) Why cant I get my skin to save it keeps reseting when I reboot to the default skin

A) when you go into the skin selection part you need to press the A Button twice. Once is to preview the skin the second time is to save the skin as the default skin.
There is also a bad softmod installer out there that installs a incorrect/invalid config.xml with two <skin> sections in it like this (see the bold bits)
<Skin Path="skins\">NoImages_Green -By Jezz_X</Skin>
<Games AutoLaunch="No">C:\msdash.xbe</Games>
<DVD AutoLaunch="No">E:\Apps\DVDX\default.xbe</DVD>
<AudioCD AutoLaunch="No">C:\msdash.xbe</AudioCD>
<Data AutoLaunch="Yes"></Data>
<SoundVolume>90</SoundVolume>
<MusicVolume>95</MusicVolume>
<UseFahrenheit>No</UseFahrenheit>
<SNTP Synchronize="Yes">216.244.192.3</SNTP>
<Skin Path="skins\">Default</Skin>

You need to edit the config.xml and completely remove one of these lines and then set the skin again

#7 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,531 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 06:16 AM

Q) Whats the password for the Format menu

A) By default it is Xbox with a captital X
This menu is used for formating your harddisks, In other words it will delete every thing off them if you don't know what you are doing it may stuff up your xbox ( Thats why it has a password ) smile.gif

#8 kmssd

kmssd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 July 2007 - 04:56 AM

I have the UnleashX dashboard (V.0.39.0528A Build 584) and the IGR works, I didn't think it did because alot of sites I read said that the bios doesn't have it and I would need to use pbl metoo or something like that, but I tried it and two of them work for me (LT,RT,Back,Start and LT,RT,Back,Black) even during a game I have saved to me harddrive. It even works when I play a game from the disc.

Edited by kmssd, 11 July 2007 - 05:12 AM.

#9 P3Strychnine

P3Strychnine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:44 AM

i have possibably a dumb question. i dont have a cross over cable and was wondering if i could put some new roms on my unleashx using a cd r or dvd r at all and if so how do i do it?

#10 KefkaOneSixteen

KefkaOneSixteen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:24 PM

Hello, I have been using a hardmod withthe unleashX firmware for over a year. I have since "placed" 20 or so games on the harddrive and have been enjoying them very much. last week however when I went to power on my Xbox it went through the green ball startup screen and then displayed the "unleashX" logo, from this point the logo keeps fading and then reappearing and never goes past that point. Is there anything I can do? thanks in advance, and also sorry in advance, as I doubt I have used any modding lingo appropriately.

#11 tangjyd

tangjyd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Feb 12 2006, 12:54 PM) View Post

Q) Why cant I get my skin to save it keeps reseting when I reboot to the default skin

A) when you go into the skin selection part you need to press the A Button twice. Once is to preview the skin the second time is to save the skin as the default skin.
There is also a bad softmod installer out there that installs a incorrect/invalid config.xml with two <skin> sections in it like this (see the bold bits)

You need to edit the config.xml and completely remove one of these lines and then set the skin again

Hi there, I have problems saving the skin as after reboot it doesnt save, but I do not understand the editing part in order to rectify the problem. Could you kindly advise me?

#12 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 December 2008 - 03:56 PM

Are you pressing the A button twice when you select the skin? Press A, wait for the skin to load, press A again.

Which bit of the editing instructions don't you understand? Make sure that there's only one line that starts "<Skin Path=", not two!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users