4 replies to this topic

#1 spm123

spm123

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:37 AM

i currently have 2 problems with my xbox mods that i am trying to do .

1) jewel was cleaned with a acetone nail polish remover ( no named brand) and i made the mistake of soaking it instead of dabing and rubbing the paint off. it left a cloudy finish on it as well as markings on the front of my jewel to fix this i chose the sand paper solution and then cleared it up best i could with sand paper then a tooth brush and toothpaste .its a little clearer now but still cloudy . i was wondering it there is anything to fix that . chemically or otherwise.

my second was i bought a mutant mod led fan and followed the led fan tutorial and when i tested it on my home computer the led's blinked and kinda fuzzed out i was wondering if i either used the wrong connection or plug for the led ring.

i also bougth el wire and was wondering if it would be better to string the led ring with the el wire 's inverter so that i would have a solid power cable not a home made one .

any thoughs or suggestions would be great. thank you

#2 ramos

ramos

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 02 May 2005 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE(spm123 @ May 2 2005, 12:43 AM)
i currently have 2 problems with my xbox mods that i am trying to do .

1) jewel was cleaned with a acetone nail polish remover ( no named brand) and i made the mistake of soaking it instead of dabing and rubbing the paint off. it left a cloudy finish on it as well as markings on the front of my jewel to fix this i chose the sand paper solution and then cleared it up best i could with sand paper then a tooth brush and toothpaste .its a little clearer now but still cloudy . i was wondering it there is anything to fix that .  chemically or otherwise.

my second was i bought a mutant mod led fan and followed the led fan tutorial and when i tested it on my home computer the led's blinked and kinda fuzzed out i was wondering if i either used the wrong connection or plug for the led ring.

i also bougth el wire and was wondering if it would be better to string the led ring with the el wire 's inverter so that i would have a solid power cable not a home made one .

any thoughs or suggestions would be great. thank you

View Post

1) Same thing happened to me, except the rubbing alcohol I was using got on my fingers and left a bunch of marks somehow from me handling it. Sand it with high grit sandpaper, toohpaste seemed to work well too.

2) LED's are shot if they fuzzed out. THere should only be one connection, or an integrated connection for the LED's. Don't know how that would have happened, maybe stray metal somewhere touched it?

3) Are you saying to wire it past the inverter? If so then don't. But if you are saying to use the cable that came with the EL wire to have an unplugable LED ring, then wire it before the inverter. But if you are gonna use both of the lighting products together, (LED's and EL wire) then I'd wire them up on seperate wires, just to be safe.

Hope this helps!

#3 spm123

spm123

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 09:27 AM

i've used high grit on both sides but there is clear rough spots on it . i was fed up of seeing it cloudy so i tried some nail polish that is clear and it took away the cloudyness of it but instead left streaks . am i doomed to having my jewel either cloudy or to shiny and odd looking. right now the light defuses weird when i try it .

and second part . the leds kinda just blink for a sec or too i think i must of shorted it like ramos has said any way to save it or the ring and just replace the leds that might have shorted or is the whole circuit now ruined.

#4 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 May 2005 - 10:43 AM

what is the reccomended voltage on the fan? and what did you plug it into

if they are just blinking off and on it may be they arent getting enough power

and as said before if they fuzzed out you are out of luck

#5 spm123

spm123

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:11 PM

fan is 12v
connector is 3 lead tx3 which i sliced into the power cord before the inverter for the el wire. my plan was to have both on that connector . it blinked when i hooked it up ( the el wire was not hooked up so i guess no extra juice was being sucked from it . )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users