Photo

Basic Qwiz Usage Questions (button Functions)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chimp_On_Stilts

Chimp_On_Stilts

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:02 PM

I've looked for proper Qwix documentation, but have found nothing more than the FAQ included with the download. These questions were not answered in the FAQ.

1.) Under the "Create ISO" screen, what does "Convert ISO" do?

2.) a. Under the "Load ISO" screen, what is "Batch" used for? I had thought it was used to extract multiple ISOs at once, but wanted to make sure I was correct.

b. How is "Batch" used, and how is it different from "Load ISO"?

3.) Under "Manage Titles on Xbox Drive", what does "MD5" do?

If these questions are answered somewhere and I managed to miss it, please point me in the correct direction.

Thank you for the help =)

#2 Ickypoopy

Ickypoopy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:57 PM

Convert ISO will take a "regular" ISO, and make it into an Xbox compatiable ISO.

The "Batch" feature is made for continually using the same ISOs in QWIX. Simply load a few, and chosoe batch then save batch. Close QWIX, then open it, and choose load batch to load them back in. I dont see the use for it personally wink.gif

The MD5 button will generate an MD5 hash of a file. It is used to check file integrity.

#3 Chimp_On_Stilts

Chimp_On_Stilts

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE(Ickypoopy @ May 4 2005, 05:03 PM)
Convert ISO will take a "regular" ISO, and make it into an Xbox compatiable ISO.

View Post

Thanks for the help!

How do you use the MD5 file?

How could an ISO be made to not be Xbox compatible, thus needing the "Convert ISO" function? I thought the only way to make one was the "FTP files to PC -> Convert in Qwix (or similar program)" method. I'm just curious how one could be made "wrong".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users