#1 obiecent

obiecent

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 06:35 PM

THis is going to be an extensive review:

Firstly i stuck the game in my box and thought lets give this a blast. Loads up created the new profile and im away. Firstly in carrer mode. CHoose between Europe, Asia and america. SO europe it was. ANd a extensive slection for a first car and chose the Saab. Rite first race.

Race 1-

Ok so away from the line. first corner not to bad. racing down cuts inside the A.I for 3rd and bam the A.i decides thats not a good idea and pushes my car off the road... So restart. Off again , on the outside past the A.I, next corner and far fast slammed the brakes and the car just like real life slides and locks, ABS cuts in and i turn and sliding off. After a painstaking 30mins of a learning curve the first race complete.

Graphics- 9 1/2 backgrounds amazin and the cars are realisitc.

Gameplay- 10/10 , 40hrs + witha 30mins learning curve, cars handle like real cars, upgrades and modifies to the outside..

Sounds- 9 1/2 Custom, and rock as the preset ones not to bad. Cars sounds great, the locking of tires, metal crunching and even the rev of the engine down to a T.

Overall- 9 3/4 its worth a buy and the xbox live is grand, swapping cars and racing round with friends...
IF u think GT4 is good buy this and be amazed i own both and prefer this... Forza is another great realise

Obiel

#2 mcbraders

mcbraders

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Interests:blah
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 May 2005 - 05:22 PM

decent review m8 but u shudda included longevity biggrin.gif always a factor how long the games lasts and maybe shudda included multiplayer smile.gif just a suggestion

#3 Devedander

Devedander

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 06:19 PM

Not what I would call a comprehensive review but I agree with most of your points.

Do yourself a big favor, turn off all the driving aids (and only use sugested line for a few laps until you get a feel for the track) this game was meant to be a simulator and will only really show you it's potential when you play it as such. With driving aids the game is so hampered it doesn't really play very well.

#4 jpx72x

jpx72x

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE(Devedander @ May 6 2005, 01:30 PM)
Do yourself a big favor, turn off all the driving aids (and only use sugested line for a few laps until you get a feel for the track) this game was meant to be a simulator and will only really show you it's potential when you play it as such.  With driving aids the game is so hampered it doesn't really play very well.

View Post

I love Forza, but I think that to say the game isn't as fun with the driving aids is a little too extreme for me. The problem that I have with all simulator games is that you get a lot more information from the real environment than can be conveyed by speakers, a screen and a vibrating controller. Things like feeling when tires slip and lateral acceleration, you know the seat of the pants feeling, can never be produced in a video game. That's why I believe that these games are best when they're dumbed down a little bit. To turn off all of the driving aids and to lack all of the information that you'd get in a real car, makes this game harder than real life. I don't know about you, but wrecking my car non stop for 20 straight hours until I memorize each track doesn't make for a fun game, no matter "how real" it is.

But I guess with any game, you'll get a lot of elitist players--"d00d j00 sux0r for n0t having super-mega-hard-difficulty. n00b!!!11!11". But then again, by pointing out this elitism, I guess I'm contradicting my point. Oh well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users