gasclown

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:05 AM

thought id check this out with a fresh copy myself seeing as its causing so much trouble...

installed a fresh copy and loaded it up...
zipped across to pc default.xip and the green skin, changed the line to look like this:

CODE

/*gas
DEF theBackground Background
{
    skyColor 0 0 0
    //backdrop ImageTexture { url "xboxlogo.xbx" }
}*/

DEF theBackground Background
{
    skyColor 0 0 0
    backdrop ImageTexture { url "backgound.xbx" }
}

converted an image to xbx called it "background.xbx" stuck it in the green skin and ftp'd it all back. didnt delete the cache just restarted dash.

worked perfectly.

gunna have to go with merde^^ on this one laugh.gif

#17 Odb718

Odb718

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:06 AM

Some times the dash wont let you ftp to the uix folders because they are being used.
Make sure that the FTP went as planned. If the changes haven't worked FTP the .xip from the xbox back over to the PC and check to see if the changes are there. If they aren't try the ftp again. If they are Delete the Udata folder and cold reboot. If there still isn't a background image then it could only be the skin is missing background.xbx

#18 auzzie

auzzie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 11:21 PM

Ok guys.SUCCESS!Actually I have to take back what I said about UIX.Its the best dash I ever seen.The problem was that when I transferred UIX on XBOX it transfered the skin folders but it stopped the transfer when it found the long named instruction "files".So I could see the skin folders but there was nothing in them.I noticed this when Odb718 said:
If there still isn't a background image then it could only be the skin is missing background.xbx
So I opened file explorer to see whether there is a background.xbx in the skin folders and I noticed that all of them were empty.I transfered them again and it worked like a charm.Actually I am very impressed by the look of it.The only thing I want to stress is the long file names that provide some kind of drawback in the whole story.One last thing I want to say is that the tutorial of KyesaRRi is actually working.This is the confirmation that BlackWraith asked for.
Thank you for your time!

#19 auzzie

auzzie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:25 AM

Sorry guys I rushed to reply is not BlackWraith above is KyesaRRi who asked for tutorial confirmation.

Edited by auzzie, 10 March 2006 - 04:32 AM.

#20 l0l 0X l0l

l0l 0X l0l

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 May 2006 - 02:46 AM

how do I edit the .xip file, w/ notepad???

#21 gasclown

gasclown

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 May 2006 - 08:07 AM

you open the .xip with "winxip" you edit the .xap with notepad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users