1 reply to this topic

#1 Bors

Bors

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 01:44 AM

Can anyone help ??

I soft-modded my xbox using spinter cell / memory card, and afterwards I tried to restore my ms-dash. Now everytime I boot up it goes straight to updating xbox live screen and I cant seem to do anything about it. The bios must have been changed to boot to the hdd first because it wont boot onto any cds inserted so i cant just start again.

Anyone any ideas? Would help me alot... cheers

#2 SmashManiac

SmashManiac

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Nintendo video games (especially Smash Bros series), programming, maths, hacking.
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 May 2005 - 10:20 PM

Seems like you incorrectly applied the bert/ernie fonts and forgot to remove the original MS fonts... Sadly in this case you now absolutely need to open your xbox to correct your error.

The safest way is to put a modchip in your xbox, even for just one time. If you're able to borrow a solderless modchip it would be the best solution.

The only other way is to hotswap your xbox hdd. This is rather dangerous because you actually need to unplug the ide port of your xbox hdd and connect it to your pc WHILE POWER IS ON. Also if done incorrectly you might screw your xbox AND pc if you make an error. Here is all the information:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=225796

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users