• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Builder Boy

Builder Boy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:43 PM

I am as new to modding as can be, and I'd like to replace my controller S jewel with a new one, with a possible LED. Before I tear into my controller, I love to know what I am getting myself into. I've seen some contoller replacement cases, and the missing jewel spot makes the jewels look like plastic inserts. Are they just stickers or plastic pieces? I am such ahopeless case, but I am sick of looking at my boring controller. Thanks, in advance, for any help.

#2 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:49 PM

Theres A Few Web Shops That Sells Controller Jewels, Check The Pined Topic In The Hardware Forums For More Info.

#3 The_Hushed_Casket

The_Hushed_Casket

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts
  • Interests:Xbox Modding, Computer Engineering.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 May 2005 - 03:24 PM

The original S-Controller jewels are just little pieces of plastic stuck onto the controller, you can just pry them off with a screwdriver, if your new to modding this would be a great project as it's pretty much "noob-proof",
Here's where I got my s-controller jewel: http://www.thexboxspot.com/SJewels.htm

#4 Builder Boy

Builder Boy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(Xtrem @ May 6 2005, 07:55 AM)
Theres A Few Web Shops That Sells Controller Jewels, Check The Pined Topic In The Hardware Forums For More Info.

View Post

Thanks. This was the information I was looking for. Is the backing adhesive from these replacement jewels strong enough to stay on the controller for a while? I've seen some other site's jewels being loose enough to be pulled off with almost no effort. I'm thinking I'm going with a red replacement case witha jewel from this site........maybe the electric skeleton.

#5 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:48 PM

Just Use A Little Of Glue And You Will Be Ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users