Daggerx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:38 PM

I have a pic of a calsonic skyline on my desktop that i took from a replay, I showed it to my wife... she was like this -----> blink.gif
she could believe how real it looks...

#17 Soullar

Soullar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 01:32 PM

Here's my review :

* Crap game

Because :

- poor graphics.
- noting new in comparison to other race games, same old, same old.
- game AI cheats. If you lose, it's always in the last round, regardless of driving skills or times in previous rounds. This is an artificial way of keeping 'replay' value.

No need to 'review' any further. Simply don't buy.

Edited by Soullar, 21 July 2005 - 01:33 PM.

#18 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 July 2005 - 07:20 PM

if you just read the above post, then you have officially lost a large amount of brain cells you will never ever get back rolleyes.gif

Edited by incognegro, 26 July 2005 - 07:21 PM.

#19 zolik

zolik

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 09 October 2005 - 05:47 AM

I think the review was great. Though I have 1 gripe with the game and that is lack of weather effects, I would have love to see random weather effect (rain, moist tracks) that sort of thing, maybe even night effects for the other tracks would have been interesting. Maybe in Forza 2 biggrin.gif

#20 Helios

Helios

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 09 October 2005 - 05:59 AM

REALLY NICE REVIEW. Yeah the only problem I had was with the no voice but its still a good game. Thanks for the review buddy beerchug.gif

#21 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:44 AM

devedander said... "A final note: I canít stress enough how much you NEED to drive with no driving assists and in manual. Driving assist dampens the feel of every car to an almost unrecognizable point and almost totally kills the point of this game and automatic is just horrible in hard turns and wonít let you really feel the power of your car. Yes you will go flying off the track a lot and itís going to involve some painfully slow cornering but you will really appreciate this game 100% more if you play it like it was meant to be played."

-------------

i tottally agree with you 100PERCENT on this!!! the game aint nearly as fun/challenging when using assists and automatic transmission ... it's way better/takes much more skill to play the game with ALL assists OFF and using a manual transmission. my guess is main reason i like this game so much is it's about as close as u can get to the real thing and im a person who likes going fast on a motorcycle/cars in real life ... nice adrenaline rush! smile.gif ... my guess is the only people who can really appreciate games like Forza and GT series are people who like do that stuff in real life! ... i mainly like motorcycles more than cars generally speaking when it comes to addrenaline rushes but i have never rode in a fast car yet (but cars games i definately like better than motorcycle games) ... but i do have a likeing towards the "Shelby Mustang GT500KR" and "Shelby Cobra" (and most muscle cars in general) and a few other cars quite a bit in real life and in the game! ... screwn imports! lol (alot of people will probably get upset at that comment but o well)

also what makes the game so much better when ALL assists are OFF! (and manual transmission) is the fact that after u "soup up" your cars Horsepower u can really "feel" the power and it forces u to feather the gas when going into turns etc! this makes it so fun and realistic u cant just leave the gas pedal (right trigger) fully pressed all the damn time like you can in so many other games... cause if u do leave it fully pressed (or something close to it) on a high horsepower car (for example the "FORD GT" when souped up to the max ) u will lose controll of the car if u dont use the gas pedal (right trigger) properly... trust me! smile.gif ... i think this car is one of the more challenging cars to drive in the game once it's souped up to the max and All assists are off.

your review is a "quality" review to u point out details and aint biased neither which is a major help in a quality/fair review and u definately know what your talking about! wink.gif

you obviously share the seem "feeling" as me that i get when playing forza and you know what your talking about wink.gif ... i agree with a high percentage of stuff that u said about forza and gt4. although i have never played gt4 i have played gt3 and im assuming gt3 and gt4 are basically the same in terms of gameplay, right? ... well if thats the case one of the main things that stands out to me about making forza better than GT series is "brakeing and acceleration" u got so much better controll on the xbox's controller as it's "triggers" are basically perfect for this .. basically much more realistic/better feel to it than the ps2's is on GT series.

forza is a game i will be playing for years, (or atleast until forza 2 comes out lol) it's basically a classic as far as im conserned lol ... it's a damn shame they did not release forza for xbox360 cause the project gotham racing series pretty much sucks when compared to forza.... i hope they make a forza type game on xbox360 ... i dont have a xbox360 yet cause there to expensive and you can mod them wink.gif

my main complaints about forza though are it has a lack of "time trail" stuff which after u beat the game i tend to like time trail type stuff to see if i can beat my times with certain cars etc.... cause the time trails it does have basically force you to use certain cars which if u like the cars it makes u use gernally it aint a problem but if u dont them it sorta sucks... so i basically made my own time trial stuff like using a Shelby Mustang GT500KR on certain areas of the game and i only use that car to attempt to beat my previous records, even though i could easily beat them with a different car i dont cause i reserved certain parts of the game for certain cars i like in order to make my own time trial type stuff... i think u get the idea of what im saying.

also about 2 player... the game pretty much sucks when it comes to playing splitscreen but if u hook up 2 xbox's and play using system link it's SO FUN! smile.gif

----------------------

devendander also said... "I am going to come right out and say it on this one Forza is hands down the best racing simulator I have played on a console ever."

---------------------

i agree with that 100percent to.

Edited by ThaCrip, 13 February 2006 - 08:46 AM.

#22 Maertz

Maertz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 03:42 PM

i agree its a good game with decent graphics, but i like project gotham racing better for some reason. forza tried to be like gran turismo, but i dont think it did as good it didnt even have rally cars. sad.gif

Edited by Maertz, 14 February 2006 - 03:43 PM.

#23 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE(Maertz @ Feb 14 2006, 09:49 AM) View Post

i agree its a good game with decent graphics, but i like project gotham racing better for some reason. forza tried to be like gran turismo, but i dont think it did as good it didnt even have rally cars. sad.gif

just a good game? ... to me it's the king of racing games when it comes to sims ... gran turismo is good to, but forza does the realistic feel better if u ask me. as for graphics, i would say forza's are solid although nothing special but the bottom line with forza is "gameplay" and thats where it shines if u ask me cause the engine behind the game is more complex (basically more detailed in terms of handleing etc) than it is with gran turismo .... as for the rally cars those aint even the main attraction of gran turimo/forza if u ask me ... to me, it's just something they threw in there... i think the primary part of the game is basically all the other cars/races besides the rally ones.... besides project gotham racing aint really a sim... it's sorta realistic in a way but where it fails to be sim like is turning etc ... basically xbox wise, my favorite race game is forza followed by "need for speed most wanted" ... obviously need for speed most wanted aint realistic by any means but it's "fun" to play and i like the sound of the cars which amps up the overall feel of the game... plus mot to mention it's great feeling (at times) running from the cops wink.gif

but about forza and gt again... gran turismo has more cars but the bottom line is most of the cars (past a certain point) are rather pointless as no one really uses them, so bascically once u got all the main cars people like, then thats all that really matters for the most part ... plus i like forza's car selection better overall myself ... mainly cause it's got a better muscle car ralated selection than GT's does (i think, since i never played GT4, but i have played GT3 and based on that i like forza's car selection quite a bit better)

i guess everyone has there own race games they like, but i find it hard to believe that someone who really likes "simulation" race games could not like forza as one of there top games, if not the best ... cause basically theres pretty much only 2 sim games that are top grade and it's Forza or GT (as these two are the main ones people talk about when it comes to sims)

Edited by ThaCrip, 15 February 2006 - 07:13 AM.

#24 Maertz

Maertz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 03:18 PM

yeah i thought it was just a good game and i myself like having a huge variety of cars in gran turismo and i loved the rally cars, but thats just my 2 cents.

#25 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 16 February 2006 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE(Maertz @ Feb 15 2006, 09:25 AM) View Post

yeah i thought it was just a good game and i myself like having a huge variety of cars in gran turismo and i loved the rally cars, but thats just my 2 cents.

i see wink.gif ... u actually use "all" (or almost all) of the cars in gran turismo? ... that sure ALOT lol ... but anyways i was just checking the car selection of GT4 on a website and i underestimated how many "good" cars GT4 has smile.gif ... it basically got a high percentage of what forza has... sometimes more, sometimes less than forza's ... as for there American car lineup it's (PS2's) much better than i thought ... it's missing a 1968 body style pontiac GTO but it does have the early 60's style, so overall i aint complaining and also it does have the Shelby Mustang GT350, but it's missing the top end car of those types which is the Shelby Mustang GT500KR (which forza has) on GT4 ... there italian cars i think are weak... they need more ferrari/lamborghini type cars in there ... which as far as i can tell from looking at GT4's car lineup on a website im looking at now, it's lacking fairly heavily in this area ... forza dont have any lamborghini cars but it's got a good selection of ferrari type cars ... so basically (atleast for me) if u where to get rid of the american cars on both GT4 and Forza ... i would probably like Forza's car selection better overall since it has those ferrari (exotic cars basically is what i mean when i say ferrari type cars, basically all those highup expensive sports cars) i dont like japenese cars at all myself (in real life) ... although i dont mind using them in the game to change up the pace and feel of the game from time to time.

i also assuming you primarily use GT4 for rally car racing? ... it seems that way from the way your talking. ... but i tottally agree with you (in terms of huge car selection) it's nice to have a huge vareity of cars to but generally speaking... most of the "vareity" (if u ask me) are cars you probably will never bother using lol ... so that why i think overall there aint really much differance between forza and GT ... unless your talking rally racing... cause if thats your main attraction to the game... it's obvious your going to like GT4 better in your case wink.gif

are you a rally car fan in real life? ... i would assume you are since i noticed people (me included) tend to make a decision (not entirely but u get the idea) based on which game has cars they generally like in real life etc etc

to bad i still dont have a PS2 cause i would like to play GT4 myself so i could get a more accurate judgement between Forza and GT4 ... cause i might have forgotten the "feeling" of GT in general since it's been a while since i played GT3 a-spec on PS2 (i originally owned GT3 for PS2 when i had it)

i got a question for you... since u played forza and gt4 ... how would you compared GT4's "braking and acceleration" precision with the PS2 controller when compared to forza's? ... cause the last i remembered it seems you got noticeably better controll over those functions with forza than you do with GT cause ps2's lack of pressure sensitive triggers.... reason i ask is cause it's been a while since i played GT and if i had that game still i could definately get a accurate judgement of the two. ... cause as i said in my post above... thats one of the main reasons (not the only reason) i feel forza's got a noticeable advantage over GT.

just my thoughts wink.gif

Edited by ThaCrip, 16 February 2006 - 11:03 AM.

#26 DARTH KOTOR

DARTH KOTOR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:53 PM

iamwithstupid.gif

YUP

I AGREE

TOTALY

#27 Horscht

Horscht

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:49 AM

DARTH KOTOR:

seriously, is your keyboard broken or something? Every post I see from you is written completely in capital letters. You know, a keyboard has a special button called "Caps Lock". It is located on the left-hand side of your keyboard. Right inbetween the Shift key and the tabulator. It's left of the "A" key to be exact. Please refrain from using only caps. It's considered rude and immature.

thanks beerchug.gif

In order not to be a thread hi-jacker, I am going to tell you what I think of the game:

It's a nice racing game with great graphics. It's something the xbox always needed: a good competitor to Sonys Gran Tourismo series. The cars all react different, and the tracks are real tracks. What I absolutely love is the fact that the asphalt (sp?) looks different whereever you look. it's hard to find several spots that look the same.
It also gives you a warm fuzzy feeling because of the crowd you can hear when passing them.

Yet, as Soullar put it already, the AI seems to cheat. It indeed is so, that IF you lose a race, it's in the last lap.

but all in all, it's a great game

Edited by Horscht, 26 February 2006 - 01:57 AM.

#28 teem4za

teem4za

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 09:55 PM

muhaha.gif grr.gif muhaha.gif grr.gif muhaha.gif forza goood gt4 eet mee shit grr.gif grr.gif grr.gif fully tune the chrysler me412 and go top speed! muhaha.gif muhaha.gif its cwazy! 4za da boumb muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif

#29 DOS4GW

DOS4GW

The XLink Fraggle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Pet my Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 10 April 2006 - 01:34 AM

Great post teem4za! You actually managed to use more smilies than words. High five!

#30 fpstaylor

fpstaylor

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 June 2006 - 03:25 PM

Good work! This review is preety long biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users