senator

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 March 2003 - 09:00 AM

OK heres the drum, have previously updated from fat32 to NTFS as so I could do iso's over 4gb,backed up Two Towers 4.4gb and backed up successfully, Have also even done a complete 2000 format and started fresh to see if that was creating problem...Have ftp'd Genma Onimusha (pal)with flashfxp, have tried folder by folder, all at once etc...Get a file size about 3.94gb.. Try to create an iso file with craxtion, isomaker1.1 and 2.0, simplex, and what ever other software I had. It will always get about 3/4 through iso creation and crash the pc or create error.When you look at the progress in iso creating and burning it seems to freak out and the time goes back say 10 seconds then goes forward to where it was then back again etc..till it crashes. Some of the other smaller games iso OK..??? The same seems to happen when trying to make multi game iso with MXM menux etc...(Seems like maybe ?? a craxtion fault to be fixed in ver 1.3 ???
Finally once managed to get a isomaker 1.1 image finalised so attempted to burnt with record now. Burning process froze at about the same point...Are there some corrupt files or what ???
This problem also seems to occur with Dead to Rights...2.36gb PAL
Can anyone shed some light on this as it's really starting to just piss me off... laugh.gif

Edited by senator, 24 March 2003 - 09:01 AM.

#2 senator

senator

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 24 March 2003 - 12:18 PM

biggrin.gif OK CASE closed. I was getting corrupt file transfers with flashfxp. D/loaded another version installed and craxtion was OK in creating an iso. Don't know how flashfxp got like that but who cares problem looks to be solved, burning a copy soon should be OK... laugh.gif
rolleyes.gif The mysteries of life.....

#3 senator

senator

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 09:29 AM

Spoke too soon laugh.gif
One problem solved flashfxp doesn't crash anymore with transfering files. biggrin.gif
But am unable to make any multi game iso still...Have tried alot of things and still no luck...
PC still hangs when making multi game iso am exhausted in trying different things but NOT giving up...

Can anyone who has had success in this department with MXM using the WMV pack which was available for download from the USUAL places post what app you used to create your iso, what O/S
you are using,what games you used, what skin etc.. you get the picture...I can't understand why I can create an iso of a single game get a good burn and it works. But am unable even to make an iso with even 2 games dead to rights, MK and the MXM selector..These games will iso by themselves but not in multi game.
Are the WMV files causing it, or a file which shouldn't be somewhere OR is it just software related...ANY of you who have multi games working OK post your success would be appreciated... beerchug.gif

#4 pjclark1

pjclark1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 02:10 PM

I use MXM to make multi games all the time
you mistake is trying to turn them into isos

use
stomp recordnowmax v 4.5
data dvd
udf 128
track at once closed

just burn all the files to dvd and the games will work perfectly,
you can read the dvds on your xbox and your pc, and no need
for NTFS

#5 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (pjclark1 @ Mar 26 2003, 10:10 AM)

use
stomp recordnowmax v 4.5
data dvd
udf 128
track at once closed

for NTFS

Honestly, what the f**k....have you read nothing that has been posted here in the last 8 months?? UDF has known performance flaws, while GDF ISOs do not!

#6 senator

senator

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 02:59 PM

Have finally made a dual game in iso format...with project gotham,+
F1 2002...Noticed that with the generator skin and the selection on project gotham up it's ok, with F1 2002 the drive seems to be searching all the time, I'm assuming this is because of the folder names being F1 2002, Generator Skin, Project Gotham. I think by renaming the order to Generator Skin, XF1 2002, XProject Gotham,
will solve this problem...

use
stomp recordnowmax v 4.5
data dvd
udf 128
track at once closed

for NTFS

I have heard that the UDF burning option can slow down load times, and make the drive search alot. I will try it that way if there
is no other options, and see results for myself...
But my conclusion so far is that not all games will like to be run in a multiple game environment and maybe a file size issue in creating iso's with some games, noticed some games crashed with some in iso creation but not with others....Ohh well experiment..... laugh.gif

#7 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 March 2003 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (senator @ Mar 26 2003, 10:59 AM)
Have finally made a dual game in iso format...with project gotham,+
F1 2002...Noticed that with the generator skin and the selection on project gotham up it's ok, with F1 2002 the drive seems to be searching all the time, I'm assuming this is because of the folder names being F1 2002, Generator Skin, Project Gotham. I think by renaming the order to Generator Skin, XF1 2002, XProject Gotham,
will solve this problem...

use
stomp recordnowmax v 4.5
data dvd
udf 128
track at once closed

for NTFS

I have heard that the UDF burning option can slow down load times, and make the drive search alot. I will try it that way if there
is no other options, and see results for myself...
But my conclusion so far is that not all games will like to be run in a multiple game environment and maybe a file size issue in creating iso's with some games, noticed some games crashed with some in iso creation but not with others....Ohh well experiment..... laugh.gif

The drive is being accessed constantly because it's playing a video file (BTW: WMV files for Xbox playback should be in WM8 format, not WM9), which is being used as the background for the video file.

#8 pjclark1

pjclark1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 05:41 PM

Xeero
I have been reading the forums about UDF slowing
reading speeds, but find it not to be true. Quality
media has a far bigger effect on loading times IMHO. Also
I tend to run games off HD, so dvdr is of more importance
to me for long term storage. With all the problems
some people are having with creating .isos, its just
not worth the extra effort. Add to that the fact that 1/2 the
people making isos are still using xiso............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users