• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 jalai

jalai

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:13 PM

Ok, I bought Jade Empire, and figured out how to get this onto one 4.7 GB dvd.

It's a pretty simple solution actually.

1) Remove all the demos from the disc.

2) Under the movies folder, you'll find that the movies "attract.bik" and "creditmovie.bik" are the largest ones, over 100 MB each, and that "BWlogo.bik" is the smallest, at only 4 MB.

3) Delete attract.bik and copy BWlogo.bik to attract.bik

4) Delete creditmovie.bik and copy BWlogo.bik to creditmovie.bik

5) Under English->movies, delete attract.bik and copy BWlogo.bik to attract.bik

I believe this should make is so you can make a 4,519,232 KB iso image of the game and ISO it onto one disc.

If it still isnt small enough, let me know and I"ll re-do the original disc and see what else I removed or modified.

This works incredibly well on my XBOX v1.6b, and the only side effects are that you cannot play the demos (obviously) and the attraction movie and credit movies are replaced with the BioWare intro logo movie. The attraction movie is the movie that plays if you leave the game at the "Press Start" screen for too long and do nothing.

D.

#2 jk_baller23

jk_baller23

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 11:26 PM

thanks for the info

...or you could just back the game up to your larger hdd (if you have one) and keep everything biggrin.gif

#3 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE(jalai @ May 6 2005, 03:19 PM)
Ok, I bought Jade Empire, and figured out how to get this onto one 4.7 GB dvd.

It's a pretty simple solution actually.

1)  Remove all the demos from the disc.

2)  Under the movies folder, you'll find that the movies "attract.bik" and "creditmovie.bik" are the largest ones, over 100 MB each, and that "BWlogo.bik" is the smallest, at only 4 MB.

3) Delete attract.bik and copy BWlogo.bik to attract.bik

4) Delete creditmovie.bik and copy BWlogo.bik to creditmovie.bik

5) Under English->movies, delete attract.bik and copy BWlogo.bik to attract.bik

I believe this should make is so you can make a 4,519,232 KB iso image of the game and ISO it onto one disc.

If it still isnt small enough, let me know and I"ll re-do the original disc and see what else I removed or modified.

This works incredibly well on my XBOX v1.6b, and the only side effects are that you cannot play the demos (obviously) and the attraction movie and credit movies are replaced with the BioWare intro logo movie.  The attraction movie is the movie that plays if you leave the game at the "Press Start" screen for too long and do nothing.

D.

View Post

Just wondering, is there any reason to use this method, as opposed to just using blank video files?

#4 ozgamer

ozgamer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 03:30 AM

I don't know why the fuss in making JE fit onto one 4.7 GB dvd by removing files or downsampling movies or burning a full copy onto DVD-9.

I backed up over 2 discs putting 1/2 the movies on Disc 2. DVD2Xbox copy Disc 1 onto HDD and then manually transfer the remaining movies from Disc 2. Problem solved.

MGS2 and Bard's Tale are other games I have backed up over 2 discs. I get a full game every time with minimum fuss.

#5 simonx314

simonx314

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:58 AM

QUOTE(ozgamer @ May 7 2005, 02:36 AM)
I don't know why the fuss in making JE fit onto one 4.7 GB dvd by removing files or downsampling movies or burning a full copy  onto DVD-9.

I backed up over 2 discs putting 1/2 the movies on Disc 2. DVD2Xbox copy Disc 1 onto HDD and then manually transfer the remaining movies from Disc 2. Problem solved.

MGS2 and Bard's Tale are other games I have backed up over 2 discs. I get a full game every time with minimum fuss.

View Post

Your method is clever but only seems to work if you are copying DVD backups onto a HDD first. Most Backups people intend to create on these forums are backups that are fully playable from the disc. Most people either store games on DVD or a large HDD but not both.

#6 FatFarley

FatFarley

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 01:05 AM

Hmm could be that I'm an idiot but did as you said and 5.62 GB (6,038,031,547 bytes)

#7 gdestiny

gdestiny

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE(simonx314 @ May 10 2005, 06:04 AM)
Your method is clever but only seems to work if you are copying DVD backups onto a HDD first.  Most Backups people intend to create on these forums are backups that are fully playable from the disc.  Most people either store games on DVD or a large HDD but not both.

View Post

i beg to differ. everyone i know of w/ a modded xbox has a >80GB HDD. i usually play games from the DVD, but i put games w/ long loading time (Jade Empire) onto the HDD to speed things up.

#8 Constantine

Constantine

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:37 PM

Total size of iso after doing this is 5.9 gigs. If you fit it on a normal dvd you must have deleted something else. The movies that you say are 100 mb apiece are 31 mb and 87 mb. A little over 100 mb together. Anyone got this to fit yet?

#9 TheAgedGamer

TheAgedGamer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:35 PM

Get Rad Tools to compress the movie files (.bnk) and set compression at 40%. This will get you down to 4.3g.
Beware!!! This took about 3 days on my 2.4g Intel Pentium.

#10 Constantine

Constantine

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:39 AM

Do you mean the .bik files? There are no .bnk files.

#11 TheAgedGamer

TheAgedGamer

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 05:26 AM

Yeah!! .bik

#12 malignantmartyr

malignantmartyr

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:12 AM

i dunno if this works or not. i put jade empire in my xbox drive. ftp'd it to my pc and then used Xiso to make the iso and burned it. never had to remove anything or transfer smaller files to it.was already under 4.7 gbs. weird

#13 bninja

bninja

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 08:24 AM

i compressed all my movies at 50% 2x height and width doubled
took about 24hrs on a 2Gb Athlon with 512Mb Ram and fit nicely on a dvd5
i deleted demos and other languages though

#14 pastor dex

pastor dex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:41 PM

i copied jade empire onto my xbox HD, (copied from d drive to f drive) but i can't "see" it when i pull up my game list, it is the first time i have tried saving a game to the HD with Avalaunch, is this a game issue or am i missing something?

#15 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:46 PM

if ava has a config file.. im sure thats where your mistake is... make sure its looking in the right place... just like you should look in the right place for your answers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users