5 replies to this topic

#1 GCG49

GCG49

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:19 AM

Ok so I bought a 160 gb HD from a friend, he formated it for me because I wouldn't know how to do it. He messed it up (he was doing it manually or something, forgot to add the F drive), so he brought a boot disc over to my house. We got a dash on there, I set an FTP up, deleted the stuff in the C drives and started transfering my backed up ones (from my last harddrive). That ran perfectly, but afterwards all hell broke loose. I went to the E drive to transfer XBMC over (the dash I normally use) and half way through I lost the connection. It was far enough into it that I can get into the "emergency XBMC FTP" thing yet whenever I'm using this I get disconnected anywhere from 5 seconds in to a few minutes and it can't seem to transfer folders/paths anymore, just files themselves.

As a noob I'm clueless now, any help would be greatly appreciated sad.gif .

#2 irishdrunk

irishdrunk

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:Xbox's of course, poker, midgets, women, idiots.....not jail
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:32 AM

Reformat and set it up for F Drive. E drive will only have savegames and such and all your apps and games will go on F. Are you using a wireless network to transfer?

#3 GCG49

GCG49

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 02:35 AM

Can you give me the name of something I can DL and burn to a disc to reformat?

I already have an F drive though. I was just planning on putting my apps on E, it's not like my game saves use up that much space anyways (plus I don't feel like going into the xmls and changing shit at the moment).

Perhaps I need to transfer XBMC BEFORE I fuck with the C files or something unsure.gif ?

#4 cubistproject

cubistproject

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:06 AM

Beat of the Angels
Slayer's 2.6 final is probably more popular.

I recommend the first.
You'll want to do a full rebuild (ie format first, then install via 'upgraded hdd' option) Pick UnleashX on BoA and download some skins immediately :-) (the BoA ones are garb unless you like that shtuff)

Make sure you have a backup of Tdata/Udata from E:/ or you will lose all of your save data.

I hope that helps a little. I'm a little unlear with what you're trying to do. PM me if you needs some extra help.

#5 GCG49

GCG49

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:10 AM

I got it all figured out. Normally I ftp wirelessly but today in order to move my backup files over more quickly I hooked up to a ethernet cable which for some odd reason was acting strange. I hooked back up to my wireless and was able to get a dash on there, all problems solved beerchug.gif .

#6 cubistproject

cubistproject

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 07 May 2005 - 04:12 AM

Great! I'm glad you got it sorted out!

happy modding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users